Princess Chat vs. Phone

crawford

Do the Princess personnel on chat have the same capabilities as those via phone? I was provided an "upgrade" today to a cabin that had a smaller balcony and was connected. I couldn't get through via phone but eventually got on a chat. I was curious because my contact person said that she would need to submit a request that I didn't want the upgrade. Could I have received a quicker resolution via the phone? Just checking for future reference. Thanks.

When I tried the chat feature last month, the rep told me I would need to call. When I had problems last week with a new booking, I was never able to get through on the chat feature. I talked to nine different reps over nine hours, most of that time on hold.

12 hours ago, geoherb said:

When I tried the chat feature last month, the rep told me I would need to call. When I had problems last week with a new booking, I was never able to get through on the chat feature. I talked to nine different reps over nine hours, most of that time on hold.

The chat rep told me that she would submit the request. It will be interesting to see if anything happens. 

I usually get through to a person on the chat quicker than getting through to a person on the phone.

My cruise was canceled only to be replaced by another with a similar itinerary. I changed my booking to the new, replacement itinerary.  I waited for months for the deposit for the original booking to be applied to the new booking. But after chatting with someone I was eventually told I had to call and ask for booking support. I waited on hold for almost 2 hours, hung up, called back the next day, waiting on hold again for an hour. While on hold I went back to the chat and talked to someone else.  I was eventually told, in the chat, that it was in the queue and will eventually be processed. Then I hung up the phone, which was still on hold.

7 hours ago, crawford said:

The chat rep told me that she would submit the request. It will be interesting to see if anything happens. 

Just got notification that my cabin had been changed back to the original, per my request.

• Like 1