Emerald Princess Cruise Jan 28, 2022 - Live Report?

SAKay

Is anyone planning to do a Live Report for this cruise?  We are supposed to do a similar Panama Canal cruise in about 6 weeks on the Ruby, but are thinking of cancelling.  I am interested in hearing how this cruise goes - if you get to stop at your ports, onboard cruise experience, dining, etc.

I am particularly interested in the ports.  Have you received any notice already about ports being cancelled?  I notice on the info for this cruise that the port of San Juan del Sur, Nicaragua has been removed. Does anyone know if that is correct?  I also heard that Princess was not stopping in Cartagena, Colombia now.  Those are two of the five ports we are supposed to stop at and I would be very disappointed if they were cancelled.  

I would also like to know about the entertainment on the ship.  Any shows, games, trivia ?  I also read on CC that Princess was closing some bars on their ships, and there was no service except by using the App or ordering from a waiter.  I'd love to know if this is true.  

So, just trying to get as much info as possible to help us decide if we will enjoy this cruise as much as previous Princess ones.  Thanks very much for any and all info !! 

You are correct, San Juan del Sur, Nicaragua has been cancelled. No word yet on changes to Columbia.  We sail tomorrow, I will try and provide updates on bars and service and let you know of missed ports.  I don’t go to the shows or do trivia so hopefully someone else can answer those questions for you once we sail.

• Like 4

We are booked for March 13 on Emerald.  Our ports are Grand Cayman, Cartagena, New Locks, Cristobal Panama, Limon Costa Rico, Ocho Rios

Ports are currently very fluid - most cruise lines are having to make adjustments.  No clue what will be in 45 days…

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Shelly97060 said:

You are correct, San Juan del Sur, Nicaragua has been cancelled. No word yet on changes to Columbia.  We sail tomorrow, I will try and provide updates on bars and service and let you know of missed ports.  I don’t go to the shows or do trivia so hopefully someone else can answer those questions for you once we sail.

We'll be following along for your input, as we board for the journey back to Ft Lauderdale.  Thank you!

• Like 3

I’ll be following along with you!  We have a cruise booked on Emerald and very interested in hearing your thoughts about her general condition,  most importantly the state of the cabins.  Would love your input on anything you think we’d find interesting or notable.  Thank you!

• Like 1

On 1/26/2022 at 7:36 PM, SAKay said:

I am particularly interested in the ports.  Have you received any notice already about ports being cancelled?  I notice on the info for this cruise that the port of San Juan del Sur, Nicaragua has been removed. Does anyone know if that is correct?  I also heard that Princess was not stopping in Cartagena, Colombia now.  Those are two of the five ports we are supposed to stop at and I would be very disappointed if they were cancelled.  

Just wondering, did the Captain provide an explanation on the reasons for the cancellation of the ports of call for:

San Juan del Sur, Nicaragua

Cartagena, Colombia

On other cruise lines, usually a letter is sent to each of the staterooms with a detailed explanation for such announcements for changes in the itinerary.