What is going on with MVJ?

MSEm

I have been checking everyday for 2 weeks hoping I can book shore excursion and Chef's Table dining for my April 2022 cruise. I received emails from Viking that shore excursions and dining was open for me to book. 

This is an email that I sent to Viking.   

"Last week I reentered all of my Viking Cruises in MVJ.  Everyday I could click on the drop down box and see my booked cruises.  Last night I was excited to get the message "You are locked out while we update your MVJ".
Well I am very very disappointed.  The only update to MVJ is Viking has again deleted all of my future cruises. 
Why are you deleting all of my future cruises?" 
There are no shore excursion or Chef's Table menu to book.
Anyone having similiar problems with MVJ?
Thanks to all of great info.

I hate to say it but MVJ has been acting like that ever since they did the last major upgrade -- and that was pre-Covid.

Call Viking. Tell them that you can't get into MVJ and that you want to book your shorex on the phone. If you have to, hang up and call again until you get someone who can do it for you. If you have an agent at Viking that you always work with, call them.  If you work with  travel agent, get them involved and do a conference call with Viking.  The TAs have dedicated contacts at Viking, who are more experienced than the call center operators.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MSEm said:

I have been checking everyday for 2 weeks hoping I can book shore excursion and Chef's Table dining for my April 2022 cruise. I received emails from Viking that shore excursions and dining was open for me to book. 

This is an email that I sent to Viking.   

"Last week I reentered all of my Viking Cruises in MVJ.  Everyday I could click on the drop down box and see my booked cruises.  Last night I was excited to get the message "You are locked out while we update your MVJ".
Well I am very very disappointed.  The only update to MVJ is Viking has again deleted all of my future cruises. 
Why are you deleting all of my future cruises?" 
There are no shore excursion or Chef's Table menu to book.
Anyone having similiar problems with MVJ?
Thanks to all of great info.

Same thing happened last night.  MVJ  first said booking was being updated.  Tried again later and MVJ  said no cruises booked.  Tried this morning and cruise is back in MVJ but nothing has been updated.  80 days out and no shore excursions listed.  Must be due to Covid.

They have shut down the MVJ on all of the Antartica cruises I know for sure.  I feel for the TA. The TA told me it should be back on Tuesday but the last I heard from them is MAYBE Friday.  When I called the TA yesterday he said they had over 100 calls on hold.  They canceled all excursions and are routing all passengers to Miami.   Covid Test and then they are working on a charter flight ( Viking Bubble) with a stop in Uruguay ( I will be surprised if we can leave the plane) to refuel and restock the bar, Etc...( I assume) then to Ushuaia and directly onto Octantis for another Covid test.  Then after the cruise charter flight back to Miami... then they said they would figure out how to get you home.

They said in the email... In recognition of any inconvenience caused by this change, a refund of 100% of your air farewill be credited to your original form of payment within the next 21 business days.

Also....We understand that these changes are disappointing, and we sincerely apologize. In addition to any applicable refunds outlined above, we will extend a 10% Future Cruise Voucher—based on your cruise fare—that can be applied to any Viking voyage