Cruising from Vancouver in 2022?

Barwick Cruiser

On 2/1/2022 at 7:34 PM, Kamloops50 said:

We have two Alaska cruises scheduled from Vancouver this year. One is in May on princess (14 Day B2B). Then a 14 day on Holland going Kodiak , Anchorage (proper) , Valdez etc  from Vancouver.

We think it will be a go on both. Prepared to test if required.

We may be on the same May cruise as you-May 11 departure out of Vancouver. Fingers crossed the cruising gods smile & all goes as planned. We fly out of Dallas, Texas, USA. 

2 hours ago, 1965 said:

We may be on the same May cruise as you-May 11 departure out of Vancouver. Fingers crossed the cruising gods smile & all goes as planned. We fly out of Dallas, Texas, USA. 

We are actually on the May 14 cruise from Vancouver.

• Like 1

Many cruise lines have extend their Cruise with Confidence protocols until the end of September. If testing is required it will be supplied  as required. 
Another thing , what is Alaska going to require for testing of passengers. Last year any flying into Anchorage or Fairbanks was required to have Covid test before arriving. They exempted cruise passengers to SE Alaska because of cruise lines requiring all passengers to be tested. 

We are doing Alaska in Septembr flying RT out of Toronto to Vancouver...As I understand if you fly withing Canada no Test is required.  Would you still need to get a test after debarkation in Vancouver to fly home though...

thank you 

1 hour ago, 1960Travel said:

We are doing Alaska in Septembr flying RT out of Toronto to Vancouver...As I understand if you fly withing Canada no Test is required.  Would you still need to get a test after debarkation in Vancouver to fly home though...

thank you 

We are doing the same, flying from Toronto round trip to Vancouver for a cruise in Sept. If protocols are the same then as they are now, you only need to be vaxxed to fly to Vancouver but on Celebrity we’d need a negative antigen test to board.  To disembark in Vancouver you’d need a negative PCR or a positive test taken more than 11 days but less than 180 days prior. I’m hoping that testing will be either not required or will just be an antigen test, which would be easier for the ships to conduct. 🤞🤷‍♀️

1 hour ago, 1960Travel said:

thank you 

No, there is no testing requirement for domestic flights.

1 hour ago, Barwick Cruiser said:

We are doing the same, flying from Toronto round trip to Vancouver for a cruise in Sept. If protocols are the same then as they are now, you only need to be vaxxed to fly to Vancouver but on Celebrity we’d need a negative antigen test to board.  To disembark in Vancouver you’d need a negative PCR or a positive test taken more than 11 days but less than 180 days prior. I’m hoping that testing will be either not required or will just be an antigen test, which would be easier for the ships to conduct. 🤞🤷‍♀️

Not to fly home, but since you are on a cruise that is sailing in US waters, you are going from the US into Canada...so as the rules are right now...one would have to test to get back into Canada (at the port) and would have to fill out the Arrivecan App because you go through Canada Customs at the Vancouver port when you disembark...according to the Canadian government website, the rules apply to land, air AND sea.  Granted I am sure the cruiselines will have to supply the tests for that though.  My head hurts from all the different rules that have to be followed LOL

• Like 1

And then what would they do if you had tested positive on the ship? Dont think the ship would let you stay on and remaining out of Canada for 11 days after testing positive is not a possibility either. IF you give positive cruise passengers an exception then land crossers should not be held to the 11 day rule either.  Ludicrous situation.  

I would love to take advantage of the amazing deals HAL is offering to Alaska right now but no way until testing is completely gone. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ehogan said:

And then what would they do if you had tested positive on the ship? Dont think the ship would let you stay on and remaining out of Canada for 11 days after testing positive is not a possibility either. IF you give positive cruise passengers an exception then land crossers should not be held to the 11 day rule either.  Ludicrous situation.  

I would love to take advantage of the amazing deals HAL is offering to Alaska right now but no way until testing is completely gone. 

I'm still of the opinion that the requirement to provide proof of a COVID-19 negative molecular test result or proof of a previous positive test result taken between 10 and 180 days ago will be gone by time the Alaska cruise season begins, or that an exception will be made for cruise passengers and crews members.

If not, in the scenario you describe, there would be be no problem entering Canada and following the quarantine protocols. This would be an excellent example of where no fine would be levied as the passenger would have no option. 

• Like 1

On 2/3/2022 at 8:02 AM, 1960Travel said:

thank you 

We are doing something similar. We are flying within BC .

On 2/3/2022 at 12:08 PM, ehogan said:

If your heading to Canada you would be allowed to continue to your final destination where you would need to quadrantes.

If your heading back to the US within 24 hours you do not need a COVID test currently if your making an air connection.  For example, if your flying from Rome to New York via Toronto.  You also do not need a COVID test if your driving between Alaska and the lower 48 but you have to take the most direct route and expedite your time in Canada.  If it becomes a vacation you have to do the testing.

I would suspect similar rules in place for the cruise ships.

https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions/border#transit-air

On 2/3/2022 at 12:27 PM, Fouremco said:

I'm still of the opinion that the requirement to provide proof of a COVID-19 negative molecular test result or proof of a previous positive test result taken between 10 and 180 days ago will be gone by time the Alaska cruise season begins, or that an exception will be made for cruise passengers and crews members.

If not, in the scenario you describe, there would be be no problem entering Canada and following the quarantine protocols. This would be an excellent example of where no fine would be levied as the passenger would have no option. 

Many passengers will be exempt from the testing on flying in and departing if you apply the same rules as international air connections of people driving between the lower 48 and Alaska.   Those types of travels are exempt.   I could easily see exempting passengers flying into Canada for a cruise those that will leave Canada with 24 or 48 hours.