Allure OTS: 2BR Grand Suite balcony hot tub question.

binro01

Quick question, do all 2BR Grand Suites on Allure OTS have a hot tub on the balcony? I was wondering if I should bid on a RoyalUp for that cabin. The only thing that interests me in that category is the balcony with a hot tub. Space wise, I do not need the second bedroom. It will be just my wife and I.

6 minutes ago, binro01 said:

Thanks @RCCL Fan That is what I thought. I will probably not bid on the 2BR GS now. Just not worth the upcharge for the space if I can not guarantee the hot tub.

Usually the ones on the 12th floor go first, so my guess would be you'd wind up on the 9th floor with RoyalUp.

We loved our hot tub... it was a nice feature, but it takes like 40 minutes to fill, so we didn't get in it as much as I thought.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, RCCL Fan said:

Usually the ones on the 12th floor go first, so my guess would be you'd wind up on the 9th floor with RoyalUp.

We loved our hot tub... it was a nice feature, but it takes like 40 minutes to fill, so we didn't get in it as much as I thought.

How come they don't fill the hot tub the first day you are there and keep it filled for entire sailing you have the cabin?

• 10 months later...
On 1/27/2022 at 1:27 PM, RCCL Fan said:

I was just able to move from our 2 bedroom GS on deck 9 of Oasis to one of the ones on deck 12, for our cruise in February. Was the hot tub warm/hot? Did it have bubble action like a jacuzzi?

I'm very excited to surprise our travel party with the new room. Both of the suites on deck 12 were gone when we booked, and the category has been sold out for a very long time. I lucked out today!

• Like 2

On 1/27/2022 at 1:55 PM, Jimbo said:

How come they don't fill the hot tub the first day you are there and keep it filled for entire sailing you have the cabin?

I’m guessing it would have to be treated to proper balance and then tested daily or more to keep full all trip.  Hot tubs are a haven for bacteria so they require extra vigilance.   Typically bromine is used, not chlorine.  Muratic acid is typically used to lower Ph balance if it gets high.  Other chemicals may be needed depending on varying balances in the water.  Probably not reasonable for a cabin attendant to be testing and treating a hot tub with varying chemicals daily.  Much easier to drain out and clean it with a little bleach each day.   

On 1/27/2022 at 1:27 PM, RCCL Fan said:

Correct that’s why I booked mine for 2024 already 😉

• Like 1

On 11/27/2022 at 9:01 PM, erinsmom03 said:

I was just able to move from our 2 bedroom GS on deck 9 of Oasis to one of the ones on deck 12, for our cruise in February. Was the hot tub warm/hot? Did it have bubble action like a jacuzzi?

I'm very excited to surprise our travel party with the new room. Both of the suites on deck 12 were gone when we booked, and the category has been sold out for a very long time. I lucked out today!

We just ran the hot water when we wanted to fill it,  you can make it whatever temp you like, kinda like a bathtub and then turned on the blower for bubbles.

I left the water the first day, and when we came back the next day the cabin attendant had drained and cleaned.  So we started draining it after each use after that, and he cleaned it each day.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, RCCL Fan said:

We just ran the hot water when we wanted to fill it,  you can make it whatever temp you like, kinda like a bathtub and then turned on the blower for bubbles.

I left the water the first day, and when we came back the next day the cabin attendant had drained and cleaned.  So we started draining it after each use after that, and he cleaned it each day.

Thank you! Very good to know. I am looking forward to some relaxing time on our balcony enjoying the hot tub!

5 hours ago, ATSEAMYLIFE said:

Only the Grand suites that were converted from the Presidential Suites (I think they were called) have the hot tubs.  We were in an OS directly about one when they were still Presidential Suites.  

Yes, only the two on deck 12 have the hot tubs.

On 12/1/2022 at 12:15 PM, ATSEAMYLIFE said:

Only the Grand suites that were converted from the Presidential Suites (I think they were called) have the hot tubs.  We were in an OS directly about one when they were still Presidential Suites.  

Yes they look very different. We had friends on the deck 9 one and we were in deck 12, it was clear our was once a high end suite.

Check out the review 

On 12/1/2022 at 5:52 PM, erinsmom03 said:

Thank you! Very good to know. I am looking forward to some relaxing time on our balcony enjoying the hot tub!

Here's my review from our week onboard, has some pics.

• Thanks 1

@RCCL Fan thanks for the review! The video is great! Too funny how similar your story was to ours. We booked our room in April 2021 for February 2023. Originally we were in 10244. Then I stumbled upon 12638 being available last week and snatched it up. 10244 didn't last long, either. I didn't realize until recently that there are so few of these rooms! I thought all of the Oasis class ships had them... nope!