How is Celebrity handling Bermuda testing requirements?

LB_NJ

19 minutes ago, djh said:

We are on the Summit at the beginning of May and are scheduled to arrive in Bermuda on May 10th. The Bermuda Travel Authorization form does not even list our ship yet. 🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️

If you read the government website and also scroll back through the thread.......the application  is not supposed to be filled out more than 30 days in advance.  Ship and sailings are being added at about 30 days before the cruise. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Charles4515 said:

If you read the government website and also scroll back through the thread.......the application  is not supposed to be filled out more than 30 days in advance.  Ship and sailings are being added at about 30 days before the cruise. 

Instructions for Your Travel Authorisation Application: 

Step 1: You may begin your travel authorisation application form by clicking the “Apply for Travel Authorisation” button at the bottom of this page. Cruise dates will be added to the application form shortly, and no later than 10 March 2022.

If you are an adult travelling with children under 18 years old, complete your Travel Authorisation first, then complete a Travel Authorisation for each of the children travelling with you.

You do not need to complete a Travel Authorisation for children under 2 years old.

Step 2: Complete the application form and upload proof of vaccination.

Step 3: Pay $40 to complete and save your Travel Authorisation application. Only Visa and Mastercard credit cards are accepted (no American Express). Before saving your application, please verify that the email address entered on your application form is correct.

Step 4: Your application will be stored until the departure date listed on your application. Four days before your scheduled departure to Bermuda, you will receive a reminder email to upload your pre-travel negative test result to complete your travel Authorisation application. A link will be provided to allow you to return to your application form. You must submit your completed application at least 1 day before your scheduled departure. Once submitted, your application will be reviewed by the Quarantine Authority.

If approved, the Quarantine Authority will email your approved Travel Authorisation. All travellers must have an electronic or paper copy of the Travel Authorisation to travel. If you do not receive your Travel Authorisation email, check your junk/spam folder to make sure the Travel Authorisation is not there.

Non-residents who do not submit a valid pre-departure test result will be notified by email that their test is not valid and will be given the opportunity to submit a valid result. If a traveller cannot submit a valid test result, they will be denied a Travel Authorisation and will not be able to travel to Bermuda

For any queries, contact Bermuda's COVID hotline at +1 (441) 444-2498 or on Toll Free Number (1-833-570-2594) or via email at TAapprovals@gov.bm

I guess that I was a bit confused because what I read didn’t say anything about more than 30 days, just that cruise dates would be added no later than March 10th. Oh well……

2 hours ago, djh said:

We are on the Summit at the beginning of May and are scheduled to arrive in Bermuda on May 10th. The Bermuda Travel Authorization form does not even list our ship yet. 🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️

It is only listed exactly 30 days prior to ship departure.  

• Thanks 1

On the Bermuda TA site it says apply for TA no later than 10 days before sailing.  However, for May 4th cruise the Summit is not listed.  The Silhouette is though.  Unless you can click on a ship, you can't open the application form.  Wondering if we're even going to Bermuda now?

6 minutes ago, Luv2Crus40 said:

On the Bermuda TA site it says apply for TA no later than 10 days before sailing.  However, for May 4th cruise the Summit is not listed.  The Silhouette is though.  Unless you can click on a ship, you can't open the application form.  Wondering if we're even going to Bermuda now?

I noticed that as well.  We're 30 days out but not listed.  At this point, I could give a rip about going to Bermuda.  What a PIA.  I've been there several times.  Don't need to go if they're going to make it this difficult.

1 hour ago, djh said:

Instructions for Your Travel Authorisation Application: 

Step 1: You may begin your travel authorisation application form by clicking the “Apply for Travel Authorisation” button at the bottom of this page. Cruise dates will be added to the application form shortly, and no later than 10 March 2022.

If you are an adult travelling with children under 18 years old, complete your Travel Authorisation first, then complete a Travel Authorisation for each of the children travelling with you.

You do not need to complete a Travel Authorisation for children under 2 years old.

Step 2: Complete the application form and upload proof of vaccination.

Step 3: Pay $40 to complete and save your Travel Authorisation application. Only Visa and Mastercard credit cards are accepted (no American Express). Before saving your application, please verify that the email address entered on your application form is correct.

Step 4: Your application will be stored until the departure date listed on your application. Four days before your scheduled departure to Bermuda, you will receive a reminder email to upload your pre-travel negative test result to complete your travel Authorisation application. A link will be provided to allow you to return to your application form. You must submit your completed application at least 1 day before your scheduled departure. Once submitted, your application will be reviewed by the Quarantine Authority.

If approved, the Quarantine Authority will email your approved Travel Authorisation. All travellers must have an electronic or paper copy of the Travel Authorisation to travel. If you do not receive your Travel Authorisation email, check your junk/spam folder to make sure the Travel Authorisation is not there.

Non-residents who do not submit a valid pre-departure test result will be notified by email that their test is not valid and will be given the opportunity to submit a valid result. If a traveller cannot submit a valid test result, they will be denied a Travel Authorisation and will not be able to travel to Bermuda

For any queries, contact Bermuda's COVID hotline at +1 (441) 444-2498 or on Toll Free Number (1-833-570-2594) or via email at TAapprovals@gov.bm

I guess that I was a bit confused because what I read didn’t say anything about more than 30 days, just that cruise dates would be added no later than March 10th. Oh well……

The revised requirements were issued March 7 and what they meant by the March 10 date was that date was when ships would start appearing.  Sailings did start appearing at 30 days out. I believe someone called the government number and was told every sailing would be listed at 30 days. Apparently the number of applications  received 30 days out to the sailing is the number their government can handle. I guess that is not stated but if you select the ships listed you can see that the 30 days is true. 

16 minutes ago, Luv2Crus40 said:

It should be listed in a day or so. Someone said exactly 30 days but I noticed that about 30 days is more accurate. 

11 minutes ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

I noticed that as well.  We're 30 days out but not listed.  At this point, I could give a rip about going to Bermuda.  What a PIA.  I've been there several times.  Don't need to go if they're going to make it this difficult.

It is not that difficult.. You have plenty of time left to get it filled out. The form is easy. If you said their process is bureaucratic and they should have just had the cruise line check the documents I would agree with that. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Luv2Crus40 said:

Not sure where you are seeing 10 days before sailing.   I just tried finding it on their site. 

Your cruise will not be listed until exactly 30 days prior do departure.    You will have plenty of time at 30 days as it is just step on and payment.   You then get a link to upload your test results about 6 days prior to departure.

I'm on the Silhouette and got the link a couple days ago.   I will not be able to complete until I am tested 2 days prior to sailing.

Edited by Jim_Iain

On 3/26/2022 at 12:59 PM, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

If they are, good on them!

I think this is terrible it is false advertising.  Bermuda has every right to specify their own requirements.  If Oceania was not willing to follow them then they should NOT be selling cruises to Bermuda.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Not sure where you are seeing 10 days before sailing.   I just tried finding it on their site. 

Your cruise will not be listed until exactly 30 days prior do departure.    You will have plenty of time at 30 days as it is just step on and payment.   You then get a link to upload your test results about 6 days prior to departure.

I'm on the Silhouette and got the link a couple days ago.   I will not be able to complete until I am tested 2 days prior to sailing.

Ours is a little different though as we are not going to Bermuda first.  The instructions are confusing for alot of people regarding testing times.  We are also waiting to see what Celebrity says which until now we have heard nothing.

14 hours ago, djh said:

It's pretty clear that it will not be listed until 30 days before sailing.

10 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Jim would like to ask you when you did the  initial application did you attach your vaccination card or will you attach when you get the covid test result attached. Someone posted what NCL had on there website  that you need to attach the vaccination card and your covid test together because your application would be rejected.

14 hours ago, Charles4515 said:

It is not that difficult.. You have plenty of time left to get it filled out. The form is easy. If you said their process is bureaucratic and they should have just had the cruise line check the documents I would agree with that. 

Unfortunately, for this particular cruise it is difficult.  Not necessarily the filling out of the form and paying $40, but the getting tested business.  We will be at sea.  Bermuda is our 6th day on the cruise.

1 hour ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

Unfortunately, for this particular cruise it is difficult.  Not necessarily the filling out of the form and paying $40, but the getting tested business.  We will be at sea.  Bermuda is our 6th day on the cruise.

It is only difficult for you because you have no faith in Celebrity. They will get you tested. You must be a glass half empty type. 

Perhaps I am a glass half empty type and have no faith in Celebrity.  If Celebrity wanted me to have faith in them, they would have already advised me and the others on this cruise that they will handle the testing and the last-minute filing of our test results and forms.  Some folks have canceled this cruise because of this.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

Perhaps I am a glass half empty type and have no faith in Celebrity.  If Celebrity wanted me to have faith in them, they would have already advised me and the others on this cruise that they will handle the testing and the last-minute filing of our test results and forms.  Some folks have canceled this cruise because of this.

Agree! Lack of correct and upfront information.

10 hours ago, pasta1 said:

Jim would like to ask you when you did the  initial application did you attach your vaccination card or will you attach when you get the covid test result attached. Someone posted what NCL had on there website  that you need to attach the vaccination card and your covid test together because your application would be rejected.

When I initially did it, I did not upload Vax card.  I will upload both tomorrow once we have our Covid Test's.   I was told that you can upload the Vax up to 30 days in advance but can't upload the Vax until 1-2 days prior to the cruise.   It won't be rejected about a week before your cruise you receive a link to upload the missing documents and then they send you back a QR Coded approval.   Not sure how long that takes but expect it to be quick.

The link I received is my original application with the two spots to upload the documents.

7 hours ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

I'm sure there will be plenty of testing aboard.   On some of the European TA's they indicate that if not boostered (if that's a word) and 2nd Vax not in XXX days you could be tested up to 6 times (at your expense).   

Someone on Silhouette posted a letter they received for the B2B with the TA crossing that if they need internet access drop by guest services and they will give access. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

When I initially did it, I did not upload Vax card.  I will upload both tomorrow once we have our Covid Test's.   I was told that you can upload the Vax up to 30 days in advance but can't upload the Vax until 1-2 days prior to the cruise.   It won't be rejected about a week before your cruise you receive a link to upload the missing documents and then they send you back a QR Coded approval.   Not sure how long that takes but expect it to be quick.

The link I received is my original application with the two spots to upload the documents.

How does a QR code work if you do not use a phone, I only have desktop computer?

7 minutes ago, pasta1 said:

How does a QR code work if you do not use a phone, I only have desktop computer?

You just print and will be fine.   You just download it - print and your set.     Kinda like a Vax Certificate --- they accept either the phone version or printed version.

2 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

You just print and will be fine.   You just download it - print and your set.     Kinda like a Vax Certificate --- they accept either the phone version or printed version.

Thank you!