Aft Balcony - Deck 6 on Eurodam?

LEtue

I have an option to select cabin 6170 for Alaska cruise in August.  Haven't sailed HAL in a long time and I couldn't find any reviews for this area of the ship.  I have always enjoyed aft cabins on other cruise lines so this should be the same - right?  Any cons?  All input is appreciated!

We had an Aft suite Florida to Aruba/return. Going South was fine. Going back North the furniture got so scalding hot we threw Icewater on everything before we could sit down. Had to have A/C on Max with curtains closed during the day. Got some oily soot on things outside at times. 

Thanks for the feedback!  Not worried about it being hot on the balcony in Alaska but the soot would be a problem.  You didn't mention what deck you were on but I would guess a higher one?  

1 hour ago, LEtue said:

I have an option to select cabin 6170 for Alaska cruise in August.  Haven't sailed HAL in a long time and I couldn't find any reviews for this area of the ship.  I have always enjoyed aft cabins on other cruise lines so this should be the same - right?  Any cons?  All input is appreciated!

Aft balconies are my staterooms of choice but especially for Alaska where I can see and photograph scenery on both sides of the ships without leaving my balcony.  With no wind while the ship is moving, having a snack or meal on your balcony is a treat.  Enjoying Glacier Bay on your covered balcony means no competition for railing space on the outer decks and an opportunity to setup a tripod to record videos.

• Like 1

I had cabin 7136 on the Eurodam last fall in the Med.  It would be nearly directly above your cabin.  I never experienced any soot.  The balcony is huge.... probably about 10 feet deep.  People from the cabin above you can see the outer part of your balcony, but not where the chairs are.  The room itself is larger than most.  My only slight complaint is when the ship was sailing faster than usual, I could feel a little shimmy.  Only bothered me a lot one night.  I realized we had docked when I woke up and no more shimmy.  Here is a link to the pictures I sent to Hal Facts.

https://halfacts.com/signature-class/7136-eurodam/

Edited by Red Haired Lady

Recently on the Eurodam we were one floor up from R H L which is under pool deck. Several mornings we heard abit of noise from above but not enough to be a bother. Had one night out of 17 that we noticed some movement and shaking. Being so close to the Lido it made an early morning trip to get coffee very fast. The nice thing is that this balcony is completely covered the others you can see down into them abit. One morning wife came back from stepping out on to the balcony, said when she looked over a man one deck down was standing at the rail in all his glory. 😆

• Haha 2