Live on Odyssey - January 29, 2022 - 8 Night Southern Caribbean 🚢

John&LaLa

1 hour ago, TwinMamainMN said:

@John&LaLa - can you post (or do you know), the MDR entrees for each night? We're trying to figure out when we want to do specialty dining reservations.

Did you know that you can download the Royal app now, select the current sailing on the Odyssey and you will see the daily menus for all dining venues? Actually looks like they have them all up to the middle of May. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TwinMamainMN said:

Have you seen Scientology and the Aftermath? It's on Netflix now and was shown on A&E originally. I thought it was interesting, but also very disturbing, but I love documentaries.

No, but what I have read is very disturbing.

@John&LaLa Does the Pinnacle Lounge get very busy?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, cruiselvr04 said:

What’s the 2-70 experience on the ship?  I see it listed only once?  

It is a short "show" in the 270 lounge.  The CD talks about the sound system and the screen and light technology.  They also show 4 or 5 demos of a few minutes each to showcase the technology.  I recommend seeing this prior to seeing The Book if you can, and you will appreciate the Book a bit more.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, BecAus said:

I was going to ask John about that photo of the soda/water fridge in the SL and whether it is standard issue for all of the SL's (in particular Quantum and Ovation) although I don't think those 2 sail down in your part of the world usually?  I have read on and off about soda/water being available in SL's.

It sounds like from your post that it's not necessarily a perk available in all SL'S?

Our next 2 cruises are booked in suites (our first time in one) so I was interested.

That's 'IF', and it's a big if (unbelievably) whether we have a cruising season down-under this coming season starting in September.  Hard to believe they may not go ahead with another season, fingers crossed they can bring the ships down here.

Really enjoyed your thread and the photos John and also your contributions island lady.

Enjoy the rest of your cruise, it really looks delightful!

Seeing the Cokes available was a surprise

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Oceansaway17 said:

So, did you like this show?   sounds like the book is like the GIFT was on anthem in that you had to really pay attention in the first few minutes or it did not make sense.

I won't get to see the book since I have cancelled my Odyssey cruise for something else. 

It still doesn't  make sense, but that's fine. It's just fun

• Like 1

Spent a lot of time chatting with the couple in front of us pre show. It was nice sharing.

After show headed to Music Hall for the Rock Band, but got there early enogh for Laura to join the 60 seconds game show

20220202_200342.jpg

20220202_200659.jpg

20220202_203204.jpg

20220202_203741.jpg

20220202_203832.jpg

20220202_221451.jpg

20220202_221518.jpg

20220203_000218.jpg

Third Place is better than last😉

20220202_203023.jpg

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 27

3 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Spent a lot of time chatting with the couple in front of us pre show. It was nice sharing.

After show headed to Music Hall for the Rock Band, but got there early enogh for Laura to join the 60 seconds game show

20220202_200342.jpg

20220202_200659.jpg

20220202_203204.jpg

20220202_203741.jpg

20220202_203832.jpg

20220202_221451.jpg

20220202_221518.jpg

20220203_000218.jpg

20220202_203023.jpg

Lovely photos - I love the outfit she's wearing!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

It still doesn't  make sense, but that's fine. It's just fun

The Book doesn't have a storyline. It is about a librarian who picks one chapter from each of his seven favorite books and brings them to life. You're right. It is fun. Talented cast. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

The ship seems to be stranded.  I wonder if anyone is ever seen on the decks, or are they stuck inside?

They were all mustered outside on my visit a few weeks ago.  Maybe a crew drill.

Freewinds.thumb.jpg.00b7cc6095f26079c7d9a41fb8939a86.jpg

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RoamingRetirees said:

The Book doesn't have a storyline. It is about a librarian who picks one chapter from each of his seven favorite books and brings them to life. You're right. It is fun. Talented cast. 

Kinda like telling the story of 6 or 7 cats😉

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

7 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

I swear I saw Tom Cruise and John Travolta covorting in the pool🤣

I doubt that you’d Jeff Gordon see as NASCAR is starting up again on Sunday with The Daytona 500. 

45 minutes ago, twangster said:

They were all mustered outside on my visit a few weeks ago.  Maybe a crew drill.

Freewinds.thumb.jpg.00b7cc6095f26079c7d9a41fb8939a86.jpg

I find it interesting in this photo that the windows in this photo are heavily tinted or the blinds are pulled down. The sun is shining on that side of the ship but it makes me wonder if they are ever up. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

I find it interesting in this photo that the windows in this photo are heavily tinted or the blinds are pulled down. The sun is shining on that side of the ship but it makes me wonder if they are ever up. 

I was just wondering the same thing. The whole organization is creepy.

• Like 5

7 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

They use orange liqueur instead of oil from what I'm told

That would make sense, because even though some have no trouble ingesting essential oils, other people have stomach distress.  Don't need THAT on a cruise. 🤣

• Haha 1