Feb.26 Love Boat Themed Cruise Isn't Happening

Bgwest

I wonder how much they'll have to drop the prices on the Feb 26 cruise now I think they'll get a lot of people who booked because of the theme moving or refunding and not a lot of time to fill the ship back up. Maybe they'll wait till after Feb 3 to drop the price. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, caribill said:

Pretty poor planning to not have firm commitment from cast members before having announced the February cruise.

The cruise was announced in October and I'm sure all the commitments were firm enough at that time.  It's not anyone's fault that Omicron came and screwed up lots of plans.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Honolulu Blue said:

The cruise was announced in October and I'm sure all the commitments were firm enough at that time.  It's not anyone's fault that Omicron came and screwed up lots of plans.

Agreed. In "normal" times those contracts would have been standard issue and barring something really drastic would have been honored.  I'm sure everyone involved fully intended to participate.

• Thanks 1

Got the notice too. I’m curious to see if Princess will make any accommodation to those of us booked on the Feb. 26 cruise at $200 (US) more than the same cruise a week before and $100 more than the week following, even though with the withdrawal of the Love Boat specialty cruise package, it’s now exactly the same cruise.

• Like 1

We wanted to do this cruise, but we are already booked on the Enchanted Princess in February. I feel bad for the folks who booked the Love Boat theme cruise and now it won't happen next month. Because of the switch, we will now have the opportunity to book the Oct. 22nd cruise on the Discovery Princess. I have a good feeling that cabins will fill up quick for this cruise, especially since the Discovery Princess is a new ship in the fleet. 

Cheers - Ken & Darlene

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TKS said:

Got the notice too. I’m curious to see if Princess will make any accommodation to those of us booked on the Feb. 26 cruise at $200 (US) more than the same cruise a week before and $100 more than the week following, even though with the withdrawal of the Love Boat specialty cruise package, it’s now exactly the same cruise.

If you still want to sail, cancel, and re-book when the price drops.

The price should drop dramatically since most passengers will opt for the later cruise or cancel.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Honolulu Blue said:

Reason for cancelling was "schedule conflicts," not Covid.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, caribill said:

Reason for cancelling was "schedule conflicts," not Covid.

Can you imagine them having to say that a cast member is opting out because they fear Covid?

Too many people are already afraid to cruise.

The last thing Princess needs right now is those "cruise news" Youtubers proclaiming, "Doc scared to cruise!"

"Schedule conflicts" is a convenient excuse.

An actor doesn't sign on and book a gig only to then back out weeks before, claiming that there's another gig.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, CineGraphic said:

"Schedule conflicts" is a convenient excuse.

That would be my guess - especially considering the non-stop fear mongering coming out of the CDC wrt cruising and cruise destinations on the issue it would be a surprise if someone didn't balk. The most recent being all the Caribbean islands they are issuing "avoid travel" advisories for - while travelling to Pakistan or China is perfectly fine - no covid there I guess. It's bound to scare people off. Mexico was level 3, one level below "Avoid" when I checked but who knows what tomorrow will bring.

Edited by grizzle-bizzle
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, grizzle-bizzle said:

That would be my guess - especially considering the non-stop fear mongering coming out of the CDC wrt cruising and cruise destinations on the issue it would be a surprise if someone didn't balk. The most recent being all the Caribbean islands they are issuing "avoid travel" advisories for - while travelling to Pakistan or China is perfectly fine - no covid there I guess.

The complete CDC list is at https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/map-and-travel-notices.html#travel-1

Note that although China is at Level 1, it really does not matter as China will not let you travel there.

Hi, 

I booked the Feb. 26 cruise on the Majestic Princess for the Love Boat theme. I am disappointed, but not surprised that they canceled the Love Boat theme for this cruise. In light of current Covid protocols, I didn't know how the special activities could take place. Because I recently cruised aboard this ship on the same itinerary (Nov. 2021), I am not interested in repeating the cruise so soon without the Love Boat theme. I canceled the cruise (for a full refund) and booked a Caribbean cruise on the Celebrity Reflection for the same week.

I am not able to take the replacement cruise in October because it conflicts with a major business conference that I must attend each year. 

Chuck

Edited by seacruise9
  • Thanks 1

I took the cancellation for full refund option by filling out the form and was able to rebook a balcony through a CVP for about 40% less than it cost originally to book in December. Still have not heard any confirmation or anything on the cancellation - though the CVP said she saw it tagged on her end.

Now I'm just waiting for them to cancel it for real so I can access the new booking in the Medallion app. It doesn't seem to handle having multiple cruises booked on the same date. The website does, though.

• Like 1