Anyone on Getaway?

Lisa353

12 minutes ago, Treasure Hunter said:

Would love information. On Getaway February 27 from New York. When do you think she’ll make to to New York? Does anyone know how far you. Have to walk from luggage drop off to testing? Is the walk inside or outside in the freezing cold? Really want to go!

Getaway leaves Miami and heads to New York on February 16. I am on the first cruise out of New York that leaves on the 19 

at new york, the ship will be docked at pier 88 and testing at pier 90. a short walk 

24 minutes ago, shof515 said:

Getaway leaves Miami and heads to New York on February 16. I am on the first cruise out of New York that leaves on the 19 

at new york, the ship will be docked at pier 88 and testing at pier 90. a short walk 

I'm on the March 6 sailing so hopefully it gets to New York OK.

25 minutes ago, alpal1993 said:

What time is Getaway supposed to leave today. We cruise on Wed so the quicker she leaves the better we will feel lol

She is left on on time. just left the terminal and is outbound in the channel. should be in open waters in the next hour

• Like 1

5 hours ago, shof515 said:

thats the canary in the  coal mine if the Getaway doesnt leave to nyc on Feb 16

17 hours ago, shof515 said:

She is left on on time. just left the terminal and is outbound in the channel. should be in open waters in the next hour

That's great news. At least it is back sailing again. Hopefully someone on it will give an update on if all the shows are happening or not.

1 hour ago, Lisa353 said:

That's great news. At least it is back sailing again. Hopefully someone on it will give an update on if all the shows are happening or not.

I don't have high hopes that we're going to get a live report, though I asked.  Their Roll Call was very quiet - I think if you deleted the 0202 Getaway sailors cheering them on and wishing them luck they wouldn't have a page 2 on their Roll Call.

1 hour ago, Lisa353 said:

Lacking a live update, we can at least keep track of where she is.

image.thumb.png.57d11d57ee1367b4c3c6973b68063d91.png

The red circle is the Getaway.

1 hour ago, jlseymour3 said:

I don't have high hopes that we're going to get a live report, though I asked.  Their Roll Call was very quiet - I think if you deleted the 0202 Getaway sailors cheering them on and wishing them luck they wouldn't have a page 2 on their Roll Call.

I had noticed that there didn't seem to be many people on their roll call. If no one updates us from this sailing, then hopefully they do on the next sailing.

On 1/28/2022 at 12:51 PM, Treasure Hunter said:

Would love information. On Getaway February 27 from New York. When do you think she’ll make to to New York? Does anyone know how far you. Have to walk from luggage drop off to testing? Is the walk inside or outside in the freezing cold? Really want to go!

We are on this one as well.  What are the odds it doesn't leave Miami in time for this cruise?  I'd think there's little chance of that happening.   Really looking forward to this, not too much longer of a wait!

On 1/28/2022 at 12:51 PM, Treasure Hunter said:

Am on the same cruise as you.  Cruised on the Gem out of NYC in December.  Logistics and procedures described here on another post:

• I'm assuming you are parking at Pier 88 where the ship is docked.  If doing that, or even if arriving in some other way, if you are bringing luggage that you don't want to haul around, you are first dropping it off at Pier 88*. [*Disclaimer: some argue that you don't want to drop off your luggage FIRST should you be tested positive and denied boarding, b/c getting it back is a giant delayed hassle.  Me? I don't expect to test positive, so I dropped off my luggage].
  • From pier 88, it's a notable walk (about a short city block) to get to Pier 90.  If you are at the parking deck level, you enter the Pier 90 building and go down to a lower level.  If you are at street level, same thing, walk to the building, but go up a level on the escalator.
  • Once there at pier 90, you show your vax card, cruise docs, and passport to the first screener.
  • Then you go stand in line for someone to check you in with their computer, showing them all the same stuff, except this is to do the COVID test paperwork and do labeling for the test kit that's slapped with your own bar code.  From there, they hand you the kit, and you go into a separate line to await testing. 
  • On that line, a person will direct you to testing carrel, where the tech will swab your nose, take the sample and direct you to wait in the general waiting area (sea of folding chairs) in front of the screens.
  • If you had already signed-up for Eurofins, you'll get text notifications and email notifications when you test results are ready.  That was faster than looking at the screen. 
  • When your number is shown (or Eurofins signals it), you go to a table on the way out of Pier 90, where someone verifies your identity and results and gives you a wristband, which is your entry back to pier 88.  Bye, bye pier 90!
  • Then you haul back to pier 88, show the wristband to screeners at the entry, and go through the typical check-in process that we were used to in the Before Times....go through security screening, once again show your documents, etc, then on to the proper line to show your documents (yet again), finally get your key card, and....yay!...wait to board.

Getaway last schedule cruise out of Miami is Feb 11th to 16th. and will sail north to NY, crew only.  The first one from NYC is a 8 day Bahamas/GSC with stops at VA and FL on Feb 19th. (5 pm) - should return with plenty of turnaround time on Feb. 27th.  Track her AIS progress on marinetraffic dot com or cruisemapper dot com, etc. and ship's live webcam.  

• Like 2