Summit - Captain's Club?

Janet524

I haven't been on the Summit for several years, and not since it was refurbished.  On the deck plan shown on the X website, on Deck 3, port side next to the Concierge desk is an area marked "Captain's Club."  Is this like the Diamond Club on Royal Caribbean, for Elite and higher passengers?

6 minutes ago, Janet524 said:

I haven't been on the Summit for several years, and not since it was refurbished.  On the deck plan shown on the X website, on Deck 3, port side next to the Concierge desk is an area marked "Captain's Club."  Is this like the Diamond Club on Royal Caribbean, for Elite and higher passengers?

No. Still no dedicated CC lounge. What you are seeing is the desk/office where the CC host is at certain times during the day and evening. The hours are posted when the CC host would be there. 

When they do have the CC cocktail hour it is held in the Sky Lounge forward on Deck 11.  Traditionally it was every day commencing on day 2 from 5:00 - 7:00, with the exception of the one night specified as the Captains night, where he and members of his staff join for discussions and cocktails.  Same location and as CC members you would also join in.

With the Always pricing now in effect with most itineraries and stateroom categories, the free cocktails during that time would be moot, but I would assume they would still hold the lounge open during those times for Elite and above as a private venue to enjoy their cocktails.  Haven't sailed with Celebrity since Always was initiated so I am just guessing as to that.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Janet524 said:

Thanks for the replies.  Yes, the "always included" beverage package makes the Elite cocktail hour a non-event IMO.  I was hoping, however, that there was a dedicated lounge for Elite and above like RC has.  

Unfortunately as davekathy correctly stated, Celebrity's does not do that for their upper tier CC members.  They do offer Michaels Club on Solstice class ships and the Retreat Lounge on the others as a dedicated lounge for suite guests, however.

Edited by leaveitallbehind
additional info

3 minutes ago, leaveitallbehind said:

Unfortunately as davekathy correctly stated, Celebrity's does not do that for their upper tier CC members.  They do offer Michaels as a dedicated lounge for suite guests, however.

Since a suite is not within my budget, I guess I'll just have to manage hanging out at one of the bars.  (not a bad thing!)

What part of Philly suburbs do you live?  I grew up near Valley Forge and worked downtown right across from City Hall for years.

5 minutes ago, Janet524 said:

Since a suite is not within my budget, I guess I'll just have to manage hanging out at one of the bars.  (not a bad thing!)

What part of Philly suburbs do you live?  I grew up near Valley Forge and worked downtown right across from City Hall for years.

West Chester for 30+ years.  Still in the area.  Grew up in Paoli.

Edited by leaveitallbehind
correction

12 minutes ago, leaveitallbehind said:

My older sister went to GV for a while before they redistricted.  Small world.  (for the record I was class of '70)

I was one year earlier- '69.  Amazing the contacts you make on Cruise Critic!