HURRY! Your Cruise Credit Is Expiring Soon

ChiefMateJRK

"Your Future Cruise Credit expires on January 31, 2022. Redeem your credit today and enjoy huge savings with our limited-time offer."

Received this email from NCL today.  Silly NCL.  I don't have any FCC other than several 10% discounts from cruises that they cancelled (I insisted on cash back in all cases).  The first of those expires in February.  Anybody else getting this?

Yes… it everyone should check into though.  We were all getting same email so we called and some of us had like you said coupons, and others had $500 that had to be applied to something or we’d lose it so it was up toward gratuities. We’ve rebooked our cruise so many times it’s confusing! 

Yes, but I never took FCC and so happy I didn't! All I have is a 10% coupon which in the grand scheme of things is squat unless you're booking an owners suite lol.

I think NCL is banking on this, so many not able to use. This pandemic has lasted longer than anyone anticipated and the expiration on FCC should be extended, hell imo there should be no expiration date, yes lose the 10 or 20 % coupon as that was a gift but not your payment

Remember you might not be seeing ALL the FCCs and FCDs in your MyNCL account .... we received several FCDs over the last 2 years and they weren't showing in MyNCL ... only NCL can see them in their system. Our PCC reminded us of them.

FCD = Future Cruise Discount

A couple of weeks or so ago when our PCC reminded us, we pulled the trigger and had him apply all the FCCs and FCDs to our Star's July 2022 Iceland/Greenland cruise. There were monies remaining so we booked a NCL excursion and had it applied, and we paid the remainder of the balance.

3 hours ago, bluesea777 said:

Remember you might not be seeing ALL the FCCs and FCDs in your MyNCL account .... we received several FCDs over the last 2 years and they weren't showing in MyNCL ... only NCL can see them in their system.

True.  I have four 10% discounts and can only see one (the first one issued) in my NCL account.  It was originally applied to a May POA sailing, but when I cancelled that the 10% discount again showed up.

For anyone with kids under 5, I think these are basically unusable now.  My kid isn't vaccinated and can't sail.  By the time he'll be able to sail, school will have started.  Guess we just lose that whole FCC!

I spoke to our PCC and determined that the email was nonsense. I also found out that, in addition to the 10% discount from a previously canceled cruise that I can see online, I also have a 20% discount from our 1/22 cruise that was canceled after final payment (for which we got a full refund) AND that both discounts can be applied to the same cruise. That works out to more than nothing. 

So I found out that I am able to request a refund of future cruise credits (no rep told me about this, I only learned it here). But, the rep explained that my request might just be summarily denied for some mysterious sequencing reason that I didn't fully understand. (like I'm not supposed to make the request until credits hit my account, but they expire 1/30/22, and I can't get a refund on expired credits). And there's no phone number or email I can call to ask about status, so I just have to toss the request into the ether and then wait for 5+ months. Giving it a shot anyway, I guess!

Edited by rlfordon
inserted wrong link