Motion problems after cruise?

Flounder8

I finished up an 8 day cruise to the Caribbean on Sunday and since then I have just been feeling a bit off kilter. I still feel like I am moving and am a bit dizzy at times. Has this happened to anyone else where you are still feeling the movement even days after the cruise is over?

Yes. I did the 8-night Jewel of the Seas itinerary sailing on Jan. 28th, and felt downright dizzy for about a 1.5 weeks afterwards. Seas were quite rough during our voyage, and I think that contributed to it. For the first couple of days I had trouble walking in a straight line! Luckily it seems to have gone away.

Yup...LOL! Post Traumatic Ocean Motion Disorder.......look it up in the dictionary and it has my picture next to it!

I have suffered from this after both my cruises and it's not pretty :o Good news is that it DOES eventually go away! Usually within 2-4 days for me.

Happens to me every cruise too, so you are not alone by any means. I use wrist bands, ginger capsules, dramamine, the whole works while on the ship and I still rock for a week after I come back. Never tried to keep taking the meds after I came home, but may do this the next time. I also get ear pain while flying and really dread it. What a travelin' mess I am! You have to really love cruising to put yourself through this every year, right? Happy sails to all...............

Yes it happens to me all of the time. I take ginger while ont he ship and never feel anything. This cruise was the worst of all the others. After I got home from Mariner on Jan 29, 2006 i was so dizzy the next day I had to lay down on the floor, and even that was moving. This took about 3 days to go away. My husband keeps telling me to take the ginger even on land...maybe next time I will listen!

I never feel anything while I'm on the cruise, but boy, when I get home!!!! I found it was the worst when we did a little 2 night repo up the Pacific Coast. Because we were on board for 2+ days with no ports, it was really bad after. It lasted for almost 2 weeks. On the other hand, our Canada/NE cruise was 7 days with 6 ports so we were off the ship each day, walking around. I don't remember feeling anything after that one.

I get this disorder, but not every cruise. First time was after a 14 night Panama sailing and thought it was because it was a longer cruise. But didn't get it after the 11 night Hawaii, so go figure! Rough seas may have an impact.

Try to take a motion sickness solution like Bonine. It seemed to help me, even though I don't usually need it on the cruise! I use it more after the cruise! :)

I finished up an 8 day cruise to the Caribbean on Sunday and since then I have just been feeling a bit off kilter. I still feel like I am moving and am a bit dizzy at times. Has this happened to anyone else where you are still feeling the movement even days after the cruise is over?

That feeling lasted for MONTHS with me. I am going on another cruise in April and am hoping I don't have the same problem again.

I was on a short 4 nighter at Christmas time and the motion lasted two weeks, I swore I wasn't going to cruise again as it really bothered me. But of course the swearing off didn't last long as I am leaving next thursday for another :) We had really rough seas and I think that contributed to the severity. I hated the feeling!

We've been home for 10 days since our cruise and it took at least a week for me and DH to feel normal again. Very dizzy the first few days and then felt drained for a couple of days after that. We also had fairly rough seas for the whole week we were gone, so I think that made it worse. I'm willing to go through it all again....if I could just get me another cruise booked. :D

De

OMG! You all have me worried sick now :(

I thought maybe a little sea sickness if the seas were rough, but not to suffer when you get off!

I honestly never heard of this before, Navigator will be my first cruise and I am so looking forward to it.

If any of you have taken the channel tunnel train from the UK to France (it's only about 30 minutes) well i started to feel a little queesey for the last few minutes until we came up into the daylight again.

I am worried now that I will have motion sickness over Christmas (we get back Dec 23rd) :eek:

Everybody's different, but in general the rougher the seas the longer it takes to get your land legs back. I've had it last anywhere from 1 day from a 3nt cruise with calm seas and up to two weeks after a 5nt cruise with rough seas(that would be right now from the Grandeur on 2/11, it's the worst i've had it). I never feel sick, just off. Alchohol does help counter balance :p

OMG! You all have me worried sick now :(

...I thought maybe a little sea sickness if the seas were rough, but not to suffer when you get off!

I am worried now that I will have motion sickness over Christmas (we get back Dec 23rd) :eek:

The feeling for me is not nearly as bad a full blown motion sickness. I've never really been nauseous. I just always felt like I was falling over... couldn't seem to sit or stand up straight, always leaning... like an inner ear infection can impact your balance.

Archived