Mexico Tourist Card (FMM)

Tennessee Titan

22 hours ago, Tennessee Titan said:

Looks like it is required, but application has no provision for a cruise entry. Your experience??

You have a passport to take, right? I also have a passport card that is only good for Canada and Mexico. I think that’s what you are referring to? 

2 hours ago, Cinder Again said:

You have a passport to take, right? I also have a passport card that is only good for Canada and Mexico. I think that’s what you are referring to? 

No, it sounds like a type of visa needed for airline travel to Mexico.  The Mexican visa requirement doesn't affect cruise or land border entries for US citizens, and I am guessing Canadians as well.

And while I know that Cinder knows that a passport card can be used for cruise and land border crossings to Mexico and Canada, a passport book is needed for any international air flight.  Thanks, Cinder for letting me remind folks of this!

14 minutes ago, iancal said:

Flown into Mexico many  times from Canada. Anywhere from one week stay to eight week stay.

Never heard of this.  Same for cruises from US.  Canadian passports.

It's the card you fill in when you arrive and give to customs. They stamp it along with your passport and then you turn it back into your airline when you leave. It's been like that for years. I can assure you that you filled it out when flying in or you didn't get in. 

Edited by Laminator

1 hour ago, Laminator said:

It's the card you fill in when you arrive and give to customs. They stamp it along with your passport and then you turn it back into your airline when you leave. It's been like that for years. I can assure you that you filled it out when flying in or you didn't get in. 

YES!   Thought it was something we had to have before arriving.

This is the card that DW takes from me so as to ensure that I do not loose it, discard it, or whatever.

• Like 2