Live Review Oasis Of The Sea 1/30/2022 - 2/06/2022 Virtual Cruise Plenty of Pictures.

BennyBrun

17 minutes ago, BennyBrun said:

Hope you had a fantastic cruise!  I can’t wait to read your review on the Mardi Gras!!  Have a fantastic cruise !

I'm going to start reading your value thread.  Hopefully the 50 buck upgrade was worth it and the same with your haircut, which probably cost the same after gratuity. 😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/30/2022 at 7:48 PM, BennyBrun said:

Day 1

Room is ready and we purposely did not Royal Up because we wanted to see what it is like to have Central Park Balcony… and we LOVE the view, the vibe, the people watching and you do hear music from the pool deck.

B76564CE-4CF7-4176-85C0-8A4174237735.jpeg

085F0AA4-F473-4B71-9D5C-A2515C1E1975.jpeg

A42183B2-3226-4132-95D8-91AB307299DA.jpeg

FC6A0FC2-4AEC-4222-8085-230DBD5416BF.jpeg

698FE86F-C0D1-45CD-9988-58C0DAD36E3F.jpeg

0F16C0B4-658D-4D1C-8535-580EC8283E4F.jpeg

Really good info to know for the rooms. We will also be on deck 12, balcony above central park for our cruise. . Thanks so much great review thread

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the detailed photo review. Going on an oasis class ship for the first time in a few months and more excited than ever! Especially given new no masks indoors policy for vaxxed. We are getting the UDP and cannot wait to try these restaurants!

• Thanks 1

On 2/12/2022 at 9:48 AM, SNJCruisers said:

I'm going to start reading your value thread.  Hopefully the 50 buck upgrade was worth it and the same with your haircut, which probably cost the same after gratuity. 😄

How was the Mardi Gras?  Did you post your review yet?  I went to the Carnival board to look but didn’t see anything.  Very interested to see what you think!

54 minutes ago, offtopic said:

Thanks for the detailed photo review. Going on an oasis class ship for the first time in a few months and more excited than ever! Especially given new no masks indoors policy for vaxxed. We are getting the UDP and cannot wait to try these restaurants!

Thank you so much!  Have a fantastic cruise and enjoy the ship.  Don’t forget to pace yourself so you can fit as much food in as possible 😂 

• Haha 1

On 2/19/2022 at 9:16 AM, BennyBrun said:

How was the Mardi Gras?  Did you post your review yet?  I went to the Carnival board to look but didn’t see anything.  Very interested to see what you think!

Just got back and need to tie up some loose threads and also read your value Oasis thread.  

Will be composing my MG review within a few days.

• Like 1

On 2/2/2022 at 8:15 PM, BennyBrun said:

Day 4 

Chops.  There was a menu update on 12/1.  So some of your favorites might no longer be there. I miss the mushroom truffle soup!

I had the mushroom soup on the Odyssey at the beginning of February. It seems it's hit or miss whether or not they have it available. It was delicious!

I am enjoying your review. Thanks for all of the details. I'm on the Oasis next year.

Edited by sml3

On 2/19/2022 at 9:18 AM, BennyBrun said:

Thank you so much!  Have a fantastic cruise and enjoy the ship.  Don’t forget to pace yourself so you can fit as much food in as possible 😂 

Hi again. We are on Oasis and loving it. Husband is able to work remote as easily as he did from our home. We are thinking we are going book Mardi Gras next. Maybe. How is the internet connection on MG? Is it as fast and reliable as Voom Surf and Stream. Any tips for using a VPN? 
Thanks 

Christie

1 hour ago, nascartony20fan1 said:

Hi again. We are on Oasis and loving it. Husband is able to work remote as easily as he did from our home. We are thinking we are going book Mardi Gras next. Maybe. How is the internet connection on MG? Is it as fast and reliable as Voom Surf and Stream. Any tips for using a VPN? 
Thanks 

Christie

No help on the VPN, but we had the premium package on MG and it was great for us.

1 minute ago, nascartony20fan1 said:

Glad it was great for you. To clarify, you could work remotely if you wanted but you are not sure about VPNs? 
Thx

We only used our phones.  Didn't bring a laptop and didn't try to facetime.  YouTube videos, Facebook, e-mail, websites all loaded rapidly.  I only remember one day having slower response.  We actually had a wifi repeater/extender in our cabin.  I am not sure about the VPNs.

• 1 month later...
On 1/30/2022 at 8:19 PM, BennyBrun said:

Sorry I wasn’t clearer about that… no water bottles, beverages in open containers, bottled water, open soda etc.

I thought you can bring 12 bottles/cans of water up to 17oz each.......Has this changed?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Benny, first off, thank you for all of the pictures and information you've shared, it is immensely helpful!

I hope you don't mind a few belated questions.  I have booked my first Royal cruise for this December and I am not sure about the following:

1) Have you ever had the UDP when the ships were at full capacity? If so, did you have trouble making reservations for the restaurants you wanted to try? We will be on the Wonder of the Seas and the sheer number of potential passengers scares me. The NCL Escape is the biggest ship I've been on thus far, and usually sail S and M class on Celebrity. 

2)  For the shows, can you only book on board? Was that always the case or a Covid era change? 

TIA!! 

On 2/5/2022 at 10:07 AM, topnole said:

FYI.  Pretty sure Allure  is Momma Mia.  Grease might be on Independence?  

Grease is on Harmony -- we'll be on in a few weeks.  I think Indy is Saturday Night Fever.  We've been on Indy, so wanted a new show and a new (to us) ship.  

On 1/29/2022 at 5:30 PM, BennyBrun said:

Pre Cruise Hotel - AC Marriott 

Very close to City Place … I felt like I was on a cruise ship but on land!  Different types of restaurants and bars!

25FFF3D5-85E6-47C4-BC62-B0CF4D2B6A48.jpeg

C092A0CA-246F-4A63-A309-83866994DCF6.jpeg

7D5ADEBF-FE90-48CF-8109-F05E494C8901.jpeg

66A463D5-449F-4D6E-8CE9-7AC86FAF149A.jpeg

BAA5CB06-DA30-4A04-BECF-B678874E973E.jpeg

B489FF9C-CD4C-421C-B7F8-06043526E8A1.jpeg

2067E6C0-5751-4FC8-996A-FB0BD3547954.jpeg

1854D4C4-0BFE-43C0-9386-0FA7461C5DF4.jpeg

38D914C8-65AC-433E-B47B-1260FD6CEB3D.jpeg

Hey Benny-when you staryed at the AC Marriott, was that Dadeland AC Marriott, about 7 miles south of Miami Intl., and was the City Place walking distance. The only city place I can find is just north and west of Miami Intl.