Anyone on the Ovation now?

CRUISER94044

We are sailing on the Feb 13 cruise on the Ovation and  we have a few questions.

1.   Is Seabourn covid testing all passengers at the pier before boarding?  

2.  Any idea where they will show the Super Bowl ?

3.  is Covid testing happening on board prior to the Panama Canal?

4.  Any cancelled ports?     

I appreciate you taking time out to report. We are really excited!   Have a great cruise!!

We are onboard right now until 2/13.     We were tested at the pier, antigen.   The unlucky few who had a bad result went on to the PCA test.   I know of one couple who did not board because of a positive test.   So far no cancelled but they may have been rearranged.   Can’t answer the other questions yet but we just boarded this afternoon.

• Like 1

Good morning to all,

Check in was stressful for us; we waited in line for more then half an hour to get the test done(i am not aware of any other cruiselines then ours in the terminal!?!) they said it would take 16 minutes....after 35 and getting seriously nervous we walked up to the table were our test were just laying around and forgotten......but negativ......hurrah.....and we boarded. another couple who stood in line with us was denied after test and pcr, now you do not want that. So yes, everyone gets tested. A good thing because many on board passengers are not very correct in wearing masks and social distancing. The crew is fantastic, which cannot be said often enough. There are 406 passengers on board.

A quick lunch outside, temperatures chilly for miami. No notification of changes or cancelations.

Great to be on board!

• Like 1

We also would have waited S long as the previous poster if  relied on my husband’s hearing. The gentleman calling out the names was masked so it was not easy to understand.   I watched to see when the folks in front of us were called so I knew we would be next.   Being an antigen test it would take 10-15 minutes for the result.   People were talking as they waited so your hearing had to be good.   Too bad about the positive results but at least they double checked

it with the PCR test.   We were only given cloth masks in our stateroom (suite).   Glad we brought lots of N95 and KN 94 masks.   The CDC announced recently that the cloth masks provided little protection from the Omicron variant.

7 hours ago, Covepointcruiser said:

We were only given cloth masks in our stateroom

I'm surprised about that, as I was sure people on recent cruises said they had been given paper masks. I wonder if it's just a supply issue. With 700+ people aboard, and with people getting masks dirty, wet, or lost, they probably need a few thousand masks per week per ship, and it may not be easy to source that volume of masks at this time.

41 minutes ago, ajpeter said:

i do not think the Ovation can have 700+ people !!! as I wrote before there are 406 on board right now. We definitely became PPF2 masks in our room, no cloth. 

Perhaps the 700 people includes crew, officers, etc. as well as guests.