Mardi Gras and San Juan

sc4125

I have seen several posts about San Juan - some say they got an extra sea day - some say they switched to Nassau.  We are leaving on the 12th (2 weeks) for the Eastern Cruise on Mardi Gras.  I tried to search this topic specifically for MG recent cruisers, but couldn't find anything.   Does having the extra sea day depend on which area you are cruising?  Anyone on recent MG Eastern who may be able to give me a heads up?

Thanks

I was on the 1/15 Eastern Sailing and our day in San Juan was switched to Nassau.  However, the actual day we were supposed to be in San Juan  (Tuesday, 1/18) ended up being a Sea Day.  So our itinerary went Sea Day, Nassau, Sea Day, Amber Cove, Grand Turk, Sea Day. 

1 hour ago, Barb1963 said:

We are on the same cruise 🛳  . So looking forward to it

Me too!  We were on the Mardi Gras at the end of August and had a great time.  So much to do and places to eat that we weren't able to get to everything we wanted - so hopefully this will do it.

I see the MG is in Nassau today which would be the second day of the current cruise so I'm thinking a similar trip to what BabyJacks had. We are on her 2/26 and I'm thinking we will see the same itinerary. We much prefer SJ to Nassau but that's the way it goes. We're still cruising, so happy campers.😄

29 minutes ago, Pyrate13 said:

I see the MG is in Nassau today which would be the second day of the current cruise so I'm thinking a similar trip to what BabyJacks had. We are on her 2/26 and I'm thinking we will see the same itinerary. We much prefer SJ to Nassau but that's the way it goes. We're still cruising, so happy campers.😄

I think we will see a return to SJ in February. That is one of the reasons that Carnival was making only weekly changes to the itineraries (I think).

On 1/30/2022 at 6:59 PM, cruisemom2 said:

If I'm reading this correctly, it looks like Puerto Rico's 48 hour testing requirement for vaccinated passengers will be going away February 2nd. 

https://www.discoverpuertorico.com/info/travel-guidelines

Woo hoo! San Juan and St Kitts keep getting dropped so I was going to be really sad if we ended up with two more sea days or Nassau.

• Like 1

Don't get too excited yet.  The cruise article heading is misleading.  The article says : "The move is not final yet; the department of health will discuss the new protocols with the relevant cruise lines and other involved parties and give a date when the new rules will be implemented. "  Also, the requirements are based on an order from the Department of Health and I don't think the travel page was ever updated.

9 hours ago, J41DP said:

I wouldn't be mad about it. San Juan was nothing special and I personally won't go back. A run down "city" with cops everywhere and people trying to shove nic nacs down your throat.

Not the San Juan we know. We'll take San Juan over Nassau any day in a heart beat.