Cruise Critic Sailing Aboard Disney Wonder 2/14 - Ask Us Your Questions

CruiseCriticAaron

Hi everyone,

Cruise Critic will be sailing aboard Disney Wonder's four-night cruise from New Orleans to Cozumel departing on February 14, 2022, and will be writing about the experience.

We're also interested in what you'd like to know, so feel free to post your burning questions here about Disney Wonder, Disney Cruise Line, or simply cruising during these changing times.

Let us know, and we'll do our best to answer!

-Aaron

• 2 weeks later...

I would be curious as to experience leaving from New Orleans and also airport experience.

I would like to know how Wonder ranks against the other 3 ships if you have been on them.

Like the little things that are different.

for example, the Fantasy while a sister ship to Dream, it does have a different setup in the front for Adults area with a swirling bench type pool.

thanks

14 hours ago, Oceansaway17 said:

I would be curious as to experience leaving from New Orleans and also airport experience.

I would like to know how Wonder ranks against the other 3 ships if you have been on them.

Like the little things that are different.

for example, the Fantasy while a sister ship to Dream, it does have a different setup in the front for Adults area with a swirling bench type pool.

thanks

Absolutely -- great questions. I plan to write about the experience leaving from New Orleans and can definitely comment on how Wonder stacks up against the other vessels in the fleet. Wonder has some unique features that differentiate it, including its French Quarter Lounge that's very applicable on this run. A few modifications were made to the ship a few years back, too, to enable the ship to better sail on its Alaskan itineraries.

I'll let you know how it goes!

6 hours ago, CruiseCriticAaron said:

Absolutely -- great questions. I plan to write about the experience leaving from New Orleans and can definitely comment on how Wonder stacks up against the other vessels in the fleet. Wonder has some unique features that differentiate it, including its French Quarter Lounge that's very applicable on this run. A few modifications were made to the ship a few years back, too, to enable the ship to better sail on its Alaskan itineraries.

I'll let you know how it goes!

thanks.  I have done Dream and fantasy and hope to do the new WISH in August pending no more delays

• Like 1

First day aboard Disney Wonder and I'm happy to report the magic is still definitely here.

The ship has seen a number of cosmetic upgrades and looks great. The adults area forward on Deck 3 has been substantially refitted with all-new decor and a new lounge, Azure. I'm pretty sure it's brand-new as of the Wonder's entry into service from its COVID pause, but I'm checking into that.  There are some differences between Magic and Wonder, but most are cosmetic in nature. However, each ship has its own unique personality.

There are features from Disney Dream that I miss aboard Wonder -- notably the promenade cafe adjacent to the Guest Relations desk -- but there are some areas of Wonder I feel are better than those on the newer Disney Dream, like the amazing Cove Cafe.

Character Meet-and-Greets and now Character Meet-and-Waves for physical distancing, but kids (and adults) are just as enthralled to meet their favorite characters.

The ship is certainly not sailing full, and physical distancing is not a problem at all.

Weather is getting warmer as we sail to Cozumel, and brunch at Palo is on the menu this morning!

DisneyWonder-00408.jpg

DisneyWonder-00290.jpg

DisneyWonder-00349.jpg

DisneyWonder-00310.jpg

Read about our voyage so far with our first report: https://www.cruisecritic.com/articles.cfm?ID=6771

We're currently en-route back to New Orleans. It's been a short - but very rewarding - jaunt down to Cozumel and back. It's also been great to see so many families out having fun, cruising, and exploring -- in a safe and responsible way.

Last night was Pirate Night onboard, and fireworks went off without a hitch from the ship at 10:45 p.m.

DisneyWonder-00518.jpg

DisneyWonder-00442.jpg

DisneyWonder-00506.jpg

DisneyWonder-00449.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I’m considering booking Disney Wonder to Alaska for summer 2023 for a family group of 11. One family with 2 kids, one family with 3 kids and 2 grandparents. 
anyone have a recommendation on someone they have used who is good at booking for multigenerational family  groups?

thanks!

19 hours ago, briarglen said:

I’m considering booking Disney Wonder to Alaska for summer 2023 for a family group of 11. One family with 2 kids, one family with 3 kids and 2 grandparents. 
anyone have a recommendation on someone they have used who is good at booking for multigenerational family  groups?

thanks!

Specific travel agents cannot be recommended  here on Cruise Critic.