Cabin Changed Email

Crism

I got an email a few days ago that our cabin will be changed on Symphony Feb 19, and we'll be getting an "upgraded stateroom." We had the Deck 8 forward area specifically picked for the location and are anxiously waiting to see what we get. Has anyone had experience with the cabin change shuffle? When should I expect to receive the new cabin number? I'm hoping to get the new room ASAP to see what's available in the category to shift and to see what the new RoyalUp offer is.

Thanks!

I didn't get a notice. I just happened to be printing out my saved luggage tags when i saw the cabin being different from the app. 

After a little looking i saw they moved me from an interior lowest class to a standard balcony and gave me $125 extra onboard credit! So i didn't ask why. Another cruiser got the same.

Once on board I went to my old room twice. First to see if my key card was outside the door. No. in fact no doors nearby had keys. but it was late in the afternoon. But it got me to thinking so I returned during normal room cleaning hours and no stateroom attendant in sight. 

So i surmise they consolidated cruisers to save on staff. or didn't have enough staff. We sailed at about 30%

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Crism said:

I got an email a few days ago that our cabin will be changed on Symphony Feb 19, and we'll be getting an "upgraded stateroom." We had the Deck 8 forward area specifically picked for the location and are anxiously waiting to see what we get. Has anyone had experience with the cabin change shuffle? When should I expect to receive the new cabin number? I'm hoping to get the new room ASAP to see what's available in the category to shift and to see what the new RoyalUp offer is.

Thanks!

I've had several clients get that e mail and they were never moved.  I have also had some moved months before their sailing

39 minutes ago, Crism said:

Thanks!

We did. This is the first time we've experienced this no matter the cruise line. I called the TA and on a  three way call with RC, the TA and myself.  I advised the RC rep and the TA we weren't happy about the move. IMO, a lot of lip service from RC and no explanation why. The RC rep unsterstood about us not liking the move and after the standard line of you're a valued costumer and in the top three tier level and blah, blah, blah and ends with we'll give you an extra OBC for each leg of our March Caribbean B2B cruise. IMO, tier level should have nothing to do with it. At least they reassigned us from deck 8 to deck 7 and not on a deck where there are any public areas above or below us. The new cabin is the same type of cabin and in the same location directly below the cabin we had on deck 8. That's good.  

We always book early so we get to pick the exact cabin we want. Location and surroundings are a huge factor in our bookings. And we always want to make sure we have the same cabin for each leg of our B2B cruises. We have never and will never book a guarantee category. Too many unknowns. 

2 hours ago, Crism said:

Update!

I woke up this morning with a 2D Oceanview Balcony right by the stairs on my Royal app! No email or updated Royal Up yet.

What was you original cabin?  You may want to cancel your old RoyalUp bids if they are no longer worthwhile upgrades for the cost.

There was a CC poster a few weeks ago who told a story about receiving a email, getting moved from an OV cabin to a spacious balcony, and having never canceled his original RoyalUp bid, he received a RoyalUp acceptance for a standard balcony (he was charged though he lost the free space he’d been given!).  So quickly cancel any bid you no longer want RoyalUp to lock and charge.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Starry Eyes said:

What was you original cabin?  You may want to cancel your old RoyalUp bids if they are no longer worthwhile upgrades for the cost.

There was a CC poster a few weeks ago who told a story about receiving a email, getting moved from an OV cabin to a spacious balcony, and having never canceled his original RoyalUp bid, he received a RoyalUp acceptance for a standard balcony (he was charged though he lost the free space he’d been given!).  So quickly cancel any bid you no longer want RoyalUp to lock and charge.

Interior 4V with no RoyalUp bids. System still hasn't refreshed to give me anything higher than an OV balcony on an Up.

8 minutes ago, Crism said:

Interior 4V with no RoyalUp bids. System still hasn't refreshed to give me anything higher than an OV balcony on an Up.

Did they offer any OBC like @davekathy received? You can check your cruise planner if Royal added any OBC for you.

1 hour ago, Crism said:

Certain better this time that had not placed any bids.  It will be interesting to hear whether you get new RoyalUp offers or if the third party software still treats your booking with your original category.  Regardless, enjoy the upgrade .

• Thanks 1

On 2/2/2022 at 5:24 PM, Starry Eyes said:

Certain better this time that had not placed any bids.  It will be interesting to hear whether you get new RoyalUp offers or if the third party software still treats your booking with your original category.  Regardless, enjoy the upgrade .

Update 2!

It took a few days but my Royal Up refreshed and is allowing me to bid all the way up to an Owner's Suite! Awesome!