When will I get child exemption approval?

Momma1980

Hi. Please chime in with how soon before the cruise your child was granted approval to cruise as an unvaccinated exemption. How does Carnival inform? Email?

Also, was anyone’s child DENIED?!

Just looking for peoples actual experiences with this issue. 

Thank you!

Edited by Momma1980
Added more info

While it is totally true that there is no rhyme or reason, ours was applied for in August for a November cruise and we were approved exactly 60 days before sail date.  However, on our FB group, some people that applied the same week got denied and some didn't hear until 30 days prior.  

We filled out the exemption form in late Sept/ early Oct 2021 for a Feb 2022 cruise.  We have 3 kids and only received 1 exemption shortly after that sometime in late Oct 2021.  This was all done prior to the vaccine being available for kids ages 5-12.  Since then we have vaccinated all our kids and I asked my travel agent to call Carnival to tell them we didn't need the exemption so to please cancel it so someone else could use it.  Still waiting to hear back about that but yeah no rhyme or reason to as why only 1 of my kids got the exemption.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dreaminofcruisin said:

We are a group of 7  with 1 under 5 child for whom we applied for the exemption. The exemption was received at 62 days prior to sailing. Also, note that we were not able to get  the online exemption form to work until we had made final payment. Our sailing is in March.

Hope that helps!
Good luck!

I hope this is the same for us.  6 of us sailing and 5 of us are fully vaccinated and boosted.  My 4 year old (turns 5 in May for what it's worth) needs the exemption.  I filed about 2 weeks ago and haven't heard back regarding April 2 sailing.

1 hour ago, cmukid87 said:

I hope this is the same for us.  6 of us sailing and 5 of us are fully vaccinated and boosted.  My 4 year old (turns 5 in May for what it's worth) needs the exemption.  I filed about 2 weeks ago and haven't heard back regarding April 2 sailing.

Just for reference...since each situation is different...

I went and checked how long between the request and the approval. It was 30 days, if that helps.

I haven't read through any of the replies yet, but here's our experience:

We moved our cruise from 2/6/22 Dream to 2/12/22 Dream due to a booboo my husband made with his time off request.  We moved the booking on Dec 4th and applied for a new exemption immediately.  We got notification of the approval on Jan 4th via email.

The only other cruise I've been on with the restart was in November with just my husband so we didn't need to worry about the exemption process before this (which means I don't have experience with receiving a denial).

Edit to add a chuckle.  a couple of days after we moved the booking, we received an exemption for the first cruise.  Their systems are a little... slow.

Edited by ultrafighter
added tidbit

No personal experience, but we cruised in July and September on Horizon last year. Both cruises had FB groups and many posts all the way up to just a few days prior to the cruise with no approval/denial from Carnival. Some people posted that they would have to take a chance to fly to Miami and be denied boarding. Hopefully Carnival has improved this process. Good Luck!

We sailed on the Horizon late July last summer and had to request an exemption for my younger daughter and did not find out she was granted it until 10 days before the sailing. So it was a little nerve racking but all worked out for the best.  

On 2/2/2022 at 3:25 AM, Momma1980 said:

Hi. Please chime in with how soon before the cruise your child was granted approval to cruise as an unvaccinated exemption. How does Carnival inform? Email?

Also, was anyone’s child DENIED?!

Just looking for peoples actual experiences with this issue. 

Thank you!

I submitted my exemption back  in November for my February cruise. I got mine back in 48 hours and my friend got hers back in three weeks. 

7 hours ago, Homosassa said:

How long is it to your cruise?

If it more than a few months, the Covid vaccine for six months and up might be approved and vaccinations might be required for anyone to cruise.

Giving a six-month-old two shots in order to cruise? Ummmm no.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...