Can the Cheese Party Tray be ordered once onboard?

PlanoTim

I know the Cheese Party Tray ($18 for the small-sized one) can be ordered as a gift before sailing.  My question is, can it ordered once on board and delivered fairly quickly - like a room-service order?  I don’t really want to order it before sailing because I’m not sure if we will want it.  I’d like to hear any experiences you have had regarding this.

If you’ve had one of these trays, did you feel it was worth it?

Thanks,

Tim

It cannot be ordered as "room service".

IMO - These types of things sound so lovely BEFORE we sail because we are all daydreaming about our upcoming cruise...so in the past I have paid for room decorations, food goodies etc....but in actuality I have found that when you are already onboard and there are a million things to go see/do that they lose their significance.  Now if you are hosting a small group in your suite or something then I can see where it makes sense.  But if your thoughts are just to have something to munch on while in room etc...it might not be worth it.  You can always go to the buffet and create your own cheese tray for free or at that point there will be a dozen other options of food if you just want something to munch on in the room...sushi, deli sandwiches, snacks from buffet etc....of course I don't know your specific needs so am only speculating but that has been my personal experience.  

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

They have a cheese plate in the dining room on their menu, it's under the dessert section but I have ordered it many times for a appetizer. It's quite good with many different cheeses and plenty to share between 2 people. They would box it up for you if you wanted to take it to your cabin.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, dheat789 said:

They have a cheese plate in the dining room on their menu, it's under the dessert section but I have ordered it many times for a appetizer. It's quite good with many different cheeses and plenty to share between 2 people. They would box it up for you if you wanted to take it to your cabin.

Thats right I have seen many people take a covered cheese plate to go from the MDR....great mention...

I am going to try to remember to ask for (2) creme Brulee (my favorite) myself and bring one back to the room for some late night dessert....

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, DallasGuy75219 said:

Not anymore, at least on my last (first post-restart) cruise. The portion size looked to have literally been cut in half.

On the Valor in November, it had four cheeses, a piece of bread, and grapes.  On the Freedom in January, it had five cheeses, two pieces of bread, grapes, and the stewed(?) pears.

The Freedom was the same as in 2019.

Edited by Tiger0613
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, DallasGuy75219 said:

Not anymore, at least on my last (first post-restart) cruise. The portion size looked to have literally been cut in half.

Thats the beauty of the MDR...order (3) to go then...

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, famof4togo said:

Thats right I have seen many people take a covered cheese plate to go from the MDR....great mention...

I am going to try to remember to ask for (2) creme Brulee (my favorite) myself and bring one back to the room for some late night dessert....

😋 Yummmm! Thanks for the awesome idea! 16 days and counting til I can try their amazing creme brulee for myself. As a midnight snack of course...

Edited by CruisinTrkrs3
Clarity
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, mondello said:

@famof4togo and @CruisinTrkrs3 That reminds me, I saw a table in the MDR get served crime brûlée one night in the MDR, pre-Covid. I asked my waiter how because it wasn't on the menu that night; he said they requested it the night before.

That said, I love it but on Sunshine 12/26 the top was barely carmelized.

Good to know!!!  

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Tiger0613 said:

On the Valor in November, it had four cheeses, a piece of bread, and grapes.  On the Freedom in January, it had five cheeses, two pieces of bread, grapes, and the stewed(?) pears.

The Freedom was the same as in 2019.

Same on the cheeses, but stewed pears sounds nice!  I was on the Legend last November.  I ordered a cheese plate to-go every night at dinner for snacking on in my room.  My fruit was always strawberries and grapes.   Good, but I love pears. 🙂

• Like 1