Question Re: FREE 2-Category Suite Upgrade

mnocket

You get the higher level stateroom for the price of the lower level.  For example, if the G1 Deluxe Veranda Suite costs $10,000, you would get 2 levels up (like an F1 Superior Suite) for the $10,000.  Usually there are restrictions on how high up (stateroom level) the promotion goes......so make sure the Penthouse Suite you are wanting is included in the program.

Also, I noticed with the new website, you don't see the "in between" levels unless you click on the staterooms.  Then you would see that there are 2 levels of Deluxe Veranda....so your upgrade would not go straight from Deluxe Veranda (G1) to Concierge (E), because there are 2 levels of Superior suite in between (F2 and F1)......so you would go from G1 to F1 (in this example I am looking at Splendor, just as a "for instance").

7 hours ago, Hearthosesteeldrumsplayin said:

Also, I noticed with the new website, you don't see the "in between" levels unless you click on the staterooms.  Then you would see that there are 2 levels of Deluxe Veranda....so your upgrade would not go straight from Deluxe Veranda (G1) to Concierge (E), because there are 2 levels of Superior suite in between (F2 and F1)......so you would go from G1 to F1 (in this example I am looking at Splendor, just as a "for instance").

Thanks.  That really clears things up🙂

1 hour ago, captjohn said:

We had already booked a cruise and happy with our category so asked for a price reduction and and it was approved, saved about $ 2K. Just ask.

we (re)booked two cruises that way saved 5K on one of them.

With two category upgrades the best deals are G to E on Navigator and E to C on Mariner; on Explorer and Splendor not much monetary different on any of the two category upgrades (that are offered) due to so many sub categories.  On Voyager, the Penthouse are not that great an upgrade (especially the Cat C penthouse) so unless you want a butler no real need to book a E to C or D to B.

Marc

PS Retroactively I saved $3,300 on my E to C on Mariner (after getting lower on board and SSS discounts for concierge versus penthouse) but only $1,000 on my Explorer (G2 to F2).

Does this mean that you received the 2-category upgrade retroactively (on an already booked cruise)?  Curious since we have a cruise coming up in late June  with a booked Concierge suite and was wondering if the offer could be applied.  Haven't talked with Regent TA yet, so would be interested in your experience.

My cruises are in 2023 and 2024.  If your category no longer available not possible. If price has changed may not be worthwhile.  If you booked directly through Regent and not an independent TA lots of luck.

Edited by mrlevin

Our experience was exactly as mrlevin described.  An upgrade from an E to a PHC on an already booked 2023 Splendor cruise would have cost us a couple of thousand dollars due to a price increase.  We chose to stay with our E suite.  Separately we made a new booking on Mariner for 2023 at the E suite price for a PHC suite.