What is the state of housekeeping services?

sunsetme

15 hours ago, KLM3164 said:

We each bring a 1/2 lb. box of our favorite See’s candies and have these before bed in place of the chocolate on pillows. We sailed in a full-suite on the Majestic and a mini-suite on the Sky and neither ship had chocolates on our pillows. Hoping they return someday.

See's is the best!!! 

• Like 1

Does any one know if I can request just and evening housekeeping service?  We usually get up in the morning and just go and in the evening we take out showers before dinner.  I don't need the room steward to service my cabin in the morning and I know this is a busy time for them.  Can I request that on the app or just tell him/her when I see them?   I also miss the nightly chocolates☹️  My husband would eat them immediately but I would bring them home have 1 or 2 everyday and daydream about being back on the cruise.   I hope at some point they bring them back.

21 hours ago, wcflats said:

On majestic in December..once per day in the morning.  You can request evening also with no problem.  We felt that the morning cleaning was sufficient especially since we could request an evening cabin cleanup as needed.

The only reason I liked evening turn down was for the chocolates. I'd save them & eat them one at a time after we got home. I could buy some chocolates, but it's just not the same. 😪

We get the morning service but extra towels are in bathroom if needed and trash and any dirty towels are removed when the Patter is put on our bed in the evening. I like M & Ms so have always  brought them to supplement the one piece of chocolate that was left on the pillow 

• Like 1

Enchanted 10 day in Dec....our cabin steward said he would do morning service but we could request turndown service if we wanted (we did not as its not important to us). The bed linens were changed around day 5 or 6, I know because I happened to stop back at the room to get something when he was working on it. 

• Like 1

On 2/4/2022 at 11:31 AM, sandyoftheseas said:

Does any one know if I can request just and evening housekeeping service?  We usually get up in the morning and just go and in the evening we take out showers before dinner.  I don't need the room steward to service my cabin in the morning and I know this is a busy time for them.  Can I request that on the app or just tell him/her when I see them?   I also miss the nightly chocolates☹️  My husband would eat them immediately but I would bring them home have 1 or 2 everyday and daydream about being back on the cruise.   I hope at some point they bring them back.

I'm interested in this topic too - i.e whether the full housekeeping service can be in the evening instead of the morning.  My travel partner and I have very different morning routines/schedules and I honestly don't know how the steward ever gets a chance to do our cabin in the morning!  Doing it in the evening while we're at dinner would work much better for us.  

Has anyone tried asking for this?  

thanks,

Becky

17 hours ago, Raisinette said:

I'm interested in this topic too - i.e whether the full housekeeping service can be in the evening instead of the morning.  My travel partner and I have very different morning routines/schedules and I honestly don't know how the steward ever gets a chance to do our cabin in the morning!  Doing it in the evening while we're at dinner would work much better for us.  

Has anyone tried asking for this?  

thanks,

Becky

on the Grand (1/4 Hawai'i) our steward did one of her cabins every night while they went to dinner...the whole cleaning, not just turn down...when we got on she told us there was just one service a day unless we wanted turn down...she gave us a paper with her name & how to contact her when we boarded

on the Majestic (1/29 Mexican Riviera) our steward just told us there was one service a day & did not offer a second (but he did have 4 sections to cover because they were short...I believe he had 14 cabins as there were a ton of empty rooms)...he did offer to refill our ice several times in the evening until we said once a day was enough (I always ask for ice when we meet our steward...that's more important to me than the chocolate...I love chocolate but never eat the princess stuff...took most of the 2 years of pause to get rid of what we had brought home...I do take plastic baggies & make sure I have cookies in my room for midnight snacking though)

stewards are not around in the hallways all the time anymore 

• Like 1

On 2/3/2022 at 12:05 PM, Coffeeluvr05 said:

Just interesting that most reported twice daily service with the exception of the Majestic.  I happen to be going on that ship in a couple of weeks.  I guess I will see first hand what the differences are.  This will be my first Princess cruise since the restart.  I sailed on HAL in August 2021 and had twice daily service with the turndown and chocolates and all.  We shall see!

On the Grand (Jan 19-Feb 3) it was once a day unless twice a day was specifically requested.