No cruises to Grand Cayman at least through the end of February

jat1977

Article mentions that the government extended its temporary ban on ships through 2/28/22 with the option to extend it further. 

It was on our upcoming itinerary, and we are bummed as we've never been and this will be our second time missing it (first time was the result of the first pause), but I'm not surprised. 

https://www.caymancompass.com/2022/02/03/cayman-in-talks-to-welcome-back-cruise-passengers/

On 2/3/2022 at 5:11 PM, jat1977 said:

Article mentions that the government extended its temporary ban on ships through 2/28/22 with the option to extend it further. 

It was on our upcoming itinerary, and we are bummed as we've never been and this will be our second time missing it (first time was the result of the first pause), but I'm not surprised. 

https://www.caymancompass.com/2022/02/03/cayman-in-talks-to-welcome-back-cruise-passengers/

So, does that mean that you will be reimbursed port fees/taxes since you are not able to visit the port?

Very interesting, I will be on the Sky the week of Feb 26th and it is currently scheduled to be in Grand Cayman on Feb 28th.   I wonder if we will go or have an itinerary change.   As of now, we have not been notified by Princess of any port changes.  

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, tawlaw1526 said:

Very interesting, I will be on the Sky the week of Feb 26th and it is currently scheduled to be in Grand Cayman on Feb 28th.   I wonder if we will go or have an itinerary change.   As of now, we have not been notified by Princess of any port changes.  

Same!

10 hours ago, crawford said:

So, does that mean that you will be reimbursed port fees/taxes since you are not able to visit the port?

Our December voyage substituted another port so no reimbursement (overnight in Cartegena)

Edited by Ombud

7 hours ago, tawlaw1526 said:

We were not notified and we leave Sunday. On our roll call, someone pointed out that Grand Cayman had been removed and changed to a sea day (confirmed by looking at the itinerary on the website). A little surprised Princess didn't at least send an email. 

59 minutes ago, Ombud said:

Our December voyage substituted another port so no reimbursement (overnight in Cartegena)

We leave Sunday. Was hoping for a substitute port since we already had two sea days scheduled. But they just removed GC and made it a third sea day. We'll be watching for a refund of the port charges. 

10 hours ago, Captain k said:

How about it Princess?  Why keep people wondering when you absolutely know that the next few scheduled cruises to GC will not be allowed.  Some cruise port websites show the Sky in Costa Maya in three weeks.  

I went to the Costa Maya Cruise Ship Schedule and I found the Sky Princess schedule for February 28th.  I looked on Princess and they are still showing Grand Cayman for February 28th.   This pandemic has surely taught me to pack my patience and be ready for scheduling changes.

• Like 1

I spoke to Princess again today to see where the 2/26 Regal 5 night  The 2 ports were Grand Cayman and Falmouth, Jamaica  from 7 am - 3 pm so losing Grand Cayman will sting a bit as I have no need for Falmouth.  The fellow asked why I would say that we weren’t going to Grand Cayman and I told him that Grand Cayman  themselves announced that they have suspended cruise ships through 2/28 at 11:59 PM.  We were due there 2/28!  They are still selling the cruise with Grand Cayman.

• Like 3