AquaSpa Terrace

gardenbunny

Our TA upgraded us today to a Concierge Veranda for our Feb 11 on Marina!  How very nice.

One of the amenities is for the AquaSpa Terrace.  This will be our first Oceania trip and so excited.  I looked on website but could not find any specific details about this.  I did see where it is located on the deck plans and what looked like icons depicting a pool and loungers?

Could anyone provide a few details.

Thank you very much.

14 minutes ago, gardenbunny said:

...Concierge Veranda for our Feb 11 on Marina!  One of the amenities is for the AquaSpa Terrace.  This will be our first Oceania trip and so excited.  I looked on website but could not find any specific details about this.  I did see where it is located on the deck plans and what looked like icons depicting a pool and loungers? Could anyone provide a few details.

Wife and I were on Riviera on 12/13-23/21 cruise and had an A4 Concierge Veranda Statement. Gives you access to the entire Spa area. That includes the larger outdoor spa hot-tub/"pool" with deck loungers. There is also a sauna and a steam room. And a quiet area. The treatment rooms (extra cost for massages & treatments) are located here as well.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, gardenbunny said:

Our TA upgraded us today to a Concierge Veranda for our Feb 11 on Marina!  How very nice.

One of the amenities is for the AquaSpa Terrace.  This will be our first Oceania trip and so excited.  I looked on website but could not find any specific details about this.  I did see where it is located on the deck plans and what looked like icons depicting a pool and loungers?

Could anyone provide a few details.

Thank you very much.

We found that Spa Deck on the Riviera very peaceful, but of course, the entire ship was very peaceful!

What we both especially enjoyed was the heated therapy "pool".  That might be what you are seeing, but that is only on the Riviera, for whatever reason.  On the Marina, there are two hot tubs instead of the one larger "pool".  I'm putting "pool" in quotes because it is a *therapy* pool, extra warm -- absolutely wonderful, in our minds.  But it's not something for any sort of regular "pool activity".

One of our very, very few complaints about our cruises on Riviera was that there was not really any service for drinks, or not that we saw while we were there, and we were there quite a few times.  We brought our bottled sparkling water, as it could get warm out there, which is the point, of course. 😉 

But we spent most of our time there in that therapy "pool".  Loved it!

The Spa itself is, as far as I know, available to anyone, for massage or other treatments, etc., but not that forward outdoor area.  That had key card access.

GC

4 minutes ago, GeezerCouple said:

...What we both especially enjoyed was the heated therapy "pool".  That might be what you are seeing, but that is only on the Riviera, for whatever reason.  On the Marina, there are two hot tubs instead of the one larger "pool".  I'm putting "pool" in quotes because it is a *therapy* pool, extra warm -- absolutely wonderful, in our minds.  But it's not something for any sort of regular "pool activity". 

GC

Marina deck plan shows the same larger spa hot tub as on Riviera; appear identical in regard to this area: 

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/ships/marina/deck-plan-details?deck=14#nav

the steam/sauna & heated loungers are available to all

There  are loungers but  very if any shade

They used to have a cart with water & soda by the door or you could just pop in the gym & pick up a cold bottle of water

No bar service it is the  spa  a healthy place after all 😉

8 minutes ago, MEFIowa said:

Marina deck plan shows the same larger spa hot tub as on Riviera; appear identical in regard to this area: 

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/ships/marina/deck-plan-details?deck=14#nav

The deck plans are sometime not the same as on the ship

Riviera has the larger T pool  Marina does not

https://www.cruisecritic.com/photos/ships/marina-526/spa-terrace-354242/spa-terrace--v16049459

Riviera T pool

https://www.cruisecritic.com/photos/ships/riviera-607/spa-terrace-311100/spa-terrace--v14124351

Thank you to all above who replied.  We did 2 World Cruises on Pacific Princess and purchased the access to an area similar to this on the front of the ship.  Hardly ever used except by us.  It was our routine to go in the late afternoon, watch sail away or sunset then clean up for dinner.  The jacuzzi was like a hydrotherapy pool.  We would bring our own beverage - they would have a cart with fruit infused water and a bowl of fruit.

I suspect we will enjoy our access to this on Marina.

• Like 1

One of the reasons to book Concierge level Veranda and above is because the Spa Deck access is FREE as opposed to other levels that pay $25 a day I think it is.  It should be great to kick back on those Caribbean Sea days or just a port call that you want some veg time for. Garden Bunny, enjoy your freebie.

Also your room service menu will be from the Grand Dining Room.  
mauibabes

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, mauibabes said:

Also your room service menu will be from the Grand Dining Room.  
mauibabes

i thought the  GDR options were just for lunch & dinner ...has that changed to be on the room service 24/7  menu?

Sorry, I was focused on Room Service dinner from the GDR.  I know there are limitations on breakfast items for Room Service unless you are PH or higher. I have never paid attention to room service for lunch because there is food available until 4:00 p.m. in Waves and of course High Tea with all the goodies beginning at 4:00. 
Mauibabes

10 hours ago, mauibabes said:

Sorry, I was focused on Room Service dinner from the GDR.  I know there are limitations on breakfast items for Room Service unless you are PH or higher. I have never paid attention to room service for lunch because there is food available until 4:00 p.m. in Waves and of course High Tea with all the goodies beginning at 4:00. 
Mauibabes

The standard room service menu  is not the same as  the lunch/dinner menus from the GDR  that can be ordered in Concierge & above

The PH  cabins can order from the Specialties as well & be served by their butler

I believe now everyone can order the hot breakfast items  not like  before when only A & above cabins could

I would not call it HIGH tea   it is very good Afternoon tea 😉

35 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

...I would not call it HIGH tea   it is very good Afternoon tea 😉

Though I was disappointed in the tea selection (Riviera 12/13-23/21). Since it was IIRC Twinings tea bags. Just a few of the same standard selections for the masses. I had hoped for a wider selection (e.g,. Russian Caravan). BUT the pastries and baked and other goodies served with it appeared nice (I avoided the unneeded carbs during the trip, so no bread or potatoes for my trip).

55 minutes ago, MEFIowa said:

Though I was disappointed in the tea selection (Riviera 12/13-23/21). Since it was IIRC Twinings tea bags. Just a few of the same standard selections for the masses. I had hoped for a wider selection (e.g,. Russian Caravan). BUT the pastries and baked and other goodies served with it appeared nice (I avoided the unneeded carbs during the trip, so no bread or potatoes for my trip).

Yes just tea bags I am afraid 

if you want something special you may have to bring your own

The only cruise line that had tea leave was on Scenic river cruise  plus they had special pots to infuse the tea leaves  without  a mess