Splendor or Spirit to Alaska???

cruisinthemed

Since the Splendor and Spirit are coming back, do you think one may be switching up with the Miracle for Alaska this Spring/Summer?  

I believe the Spirit has the closure for the back pool, it's been some years ago...just curious, I am sailing to Alaska in May 2022.  

I don't see either of them having sailings after a short time in Jacksonville for the Spirit...hmmm

• Like 1

My gut says Splendor replaces Freedom on Alaska sailings, allowing Freedom to stay in Miami. Spirit will either replace the Pride sailings in Europe, or will take over 7-night sailings out of Tampa for the summer. 

Alternatively, Splendor supplements Freedom capacity in Alaska given strong yields currently reflected by the Freedom's fares. It isn't often you find a Carnival ship demanding a significant premium over Princess and HAL, but so goes the 2022 Seattle to Alaska cruise season. I don't know if Seattle has pier capacity for another ship for 2022, but surely they could find space in SFO for 10-day sailings. 

I don't see Splendor transiting to the East Coast this summer as they still plan to resume Australia sailings at the end of September. 

26 minutes ago, crzndeb said:

I see Splendor doing Alaska, since her cancellations in Oz are only through Sept/2022. I think it all depends when Australia starts cruising again. I’m for a TP from Seattle to Sydney.

Hi neighbor!  Why do folks think the Splendor will end up in the Alaska cruise season?  Do you think it will be substituted for another ship in the Alaska cruise rotation?  I just curious.  Thanks!

3 hours ago, Ferry_Watcher said:

Hi neighbor!  Why do folks think the Splendor will end up in the Alaska cruise season?  Do you think it will be substituted for another ship in the Alaska cruise rotation?  I just curious.  Thanks!

I was only speculating, because of time frame. There are several cruise lines with multiple ships sailing during Alaska season, so really no need to substitute.

And there’s also the question of her getting through the new locks at Panama Canal. Does anybody know that? I doubt they would take her around the horn again, but I would love it if they did. I had to cancel my 2013 cruises.

3 hours ago, sailingships said:

Probably the Spirit Shes a sister to the Legend, Miracle, Pride. The Splendor is a bigger ship. The smaller ships do better in Alaska.

Several cruise lines have big ships sailing Alaska, and I think they do just fine. They might not get as close to the glaciers, but they still get the business, since Alaska is such a short season.

Yes, as mentioned I reckon. Splendor will go to West Coast cruises up to Alaska...

If Our (Australia) resumes cruises in Sept/Oct. They would have to have a quick easy way to get her Back.. Plus

They won't send another ship back to Australia, as it would have to get converted to our power sockets. 

So Splendor to West Coast..

• Like 1

The Splendor is literally the UGLIEST ship I have ever sailed in. There are many pink circles/donuts all over the ship. It's an eyesore. 

We had choppy waters, and ended up associating the motion sickness with the pink donuts. We, including other random passengers we spoke to, were feeling motion sickness every time we saw the pink donuts, even when the ship was in calm waters. Imagine walking by the elevators or to the MDR and feeling motion sickness right before you enjoy your prime rib, etc.

Never again. 

Edited by DrSea
  • Haha 1

I am not sure what the plans for Splendor are. Right this minute it is sailing in the Persian Gulf West of Dubai. She could come to the West coast through the Panama Canal new locks, could assist with European sailings, or perhaps they are testing the waters in the Middle East.

• Like 1