Playa Mia Grand Beach Park Excursion - RCCL - ???

Greektreats

This excursion is offered for our mid-March cruise on Royal Caribbean Adventure of the Seas.  Has anyone done this, and if so, please tell me about it!  

We are an active grandmother, adult daughter, 2 grands ages 10 and 13, and this looks like something we would enjoy.  Beach, swimming pool, water toys, beach chairs....

and there are 2 options:  One is an all-inclusive, the other apparently pay for food and drink separately.  Any info greatly appreciated!

• 3 weeks later...

I am also interested in this excursion through  Royal Caribbean. Any information would be appreciated.  I especially would like to find out if you can get lunch if you’re sitting in the lounge chair on the beach or do you have to get up and go to the buffet? 

@mitsugirlyhas a good intensive photo review on her blog

https://www.travelwithmitsugirly.com/playa-mia

However note the lack of crowds is unusual; also the review is somewhat dated now.

We have never been but reviews I have read for buffet are generally not very good.

Not sure if you have to go through the cruise line, or if it is advantageous in some way, but I would compare prices with going independently.

57 minutes ago, mitsugirly said:

Is Playa Mia even open? We did a land vacation there 6 months ago and they were closed except the part they do the buggies (side by side) tour. I'm not sure if it was a COVID thing or if ships were coming there at that time or not. 

Good to see you mitsu!

yes it has been open for some months, maybe since the summer when ships restarted?

However, their website says kids water park is closed for maintenance! Not sure if that is routine or unexpected.

Edited by c-leg5