Live Value Cruising Review of Oasis of the Sea 2/6/22 - 2/13/22 Plenty of Pictures!

BennyBrun

Thanks for sharing your cruise with us!  This makes me even more excited to cruise on Oasis this summer with my first-time cruiser daughters!!

Looking forward to joining you on Wonder -- virtually, of course.  We'll be getting ready for our "real" cruises on Apex and Harmony!!

Joan

Edited by joand452
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BennyBrun said:

Check your billing statement!  I forgot this morning and I was charged $75.00 for pool towels.  Now I have to figure out how to solve this issue.  YIKES!  

I never have room in my suitcase for three towels. You'll have to send the towels back to get a refund.

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, BennyBrun said:

Day 8

If you are a solo traveler or two people and have a lot of luggage, I highly recommend the airport shuttle offered by Royal.  $16.00 PP.  if you are solo it is cheaper than Uber and you don’t have to worry about surge pricing.

Do you book shuttle once on ship or can you pre order it

1 hour ago, chill6x6 said:

I can remember when there was NO WAY I was going to spend EXTRA for food that I had all ready paid for! LOL

When HAL came out with the Pinnacle Grill it was free 1 time during your cruise.

That is when it was 5 Star food, decor and service!  

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, joand452 said:

Thanks for sharing your cruise with us!  This makes me even more excited to cruise on Oasis this summer with my first-time cruiser daughters!!

Looking forward to joining you on Wonder -- virtually, of course.  We'll be getting ready for our "real" cruises on Apex and Harmony!!

Joan

You will love the APEX!  Nothing like it!

44 minutes ago, SG65CB said:

I never have room in my suitcase for three towels. You'll have to send the towels back to get a refund.

Same here!  The issue is I never took the towels lol… they are just randomly billing me!  I scan my card each time too!

6 hours ago, BennyBrun said:

Day 8

If you are a solo traveler or two people and have a lot of luggage, I highly recommend the airport shuttle offered by Royal.  $16.00 PP.  if you are solo it is cheaper than Uber and you don’t have to worry about surge pricing.

The only problem with that is you have to wait for the shuttle to fill up. I would rather pay extra and be on my schedule.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, BennyBrun said:

Same here!  The issue is I never took the towels lol… they are just randomly billing me!  I scan my card each time too!

We were billed for two towels on one cruise.  Turns out I had just dumped them in the laundry bin (as directed) by the towel station, so they were never "returned."  I make sure to physically hand them and my sepass to an attendant now.  It came right off the bill, but still...

Annoying, I know...

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, micruiser2002 said:

The only problem with that is you have to wait for the shuttle to fill up. I would rather pay extra and be on my schedule.

True but when you leave from the ship to the airport you are grouped together so it fills up fairly quick.  Again it’s an economical option for one might work for two but any more than that Uber XL might be better !

14 minutes ago, joand452 said:

We were billed for two towels on one cruise.  Turns out I had just dumped them in the laundry bin (as directed) by the towel station, so they were never "returned."  I make sure to physically hand them and my sepass to an attendant now.  It came right off the bill, but still...

Annoying, I know...

Annoying!  I won’t make that mistake again.  I will bring a magnifying glass to look at the charges before I leave!

1 hour ago, BennyBrun said:

Annoying!  I won’t make that mistake again.  I will bring a magnifying glass to look at the charges before I leave!

You can call the phone number at the bottom of the invoice and they will look into it. I had a medical charge on my bill that was not supposed to be there and they refunded my credit card.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Colorado Buffalo said:

1:45 pm flight. When do you purchase on board? Is that the only place or can you purchase earlier?

That should be plenty of time.  You can stop by guest relations on Day 2 or 3 and purchase the transfer.  They will send a special numbered luggage tags that you use so that the driver knows who you are.  I would call when you get your tags to make sure you have the correct luggage tag number just to double check.

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, pmc101 said:

You can call the phone number at the bottom of the invoice and they will look into it. I had a medical charge on my bill that was not supposed to be there and they refunded my credit card.

Thank you.  Lesson learned.  What a hassle!  Again I am going to bring my magnifying glass for my next consecutive cruise!

Day 8

Finally made it home!  Thank you everyone for coming along on this virtual cruise on Oasis of the Sea for the last two weeks.  We certainly ate ALOT 😝.  Now I have about three weeks to shed off the pounds so I can put it back on again when I board Wonder & Symphony.  Once I am settled in back at the house, I will add few comments / thoughts / craziness regarding the past two weeks on Oasis.  Thank you again for the virtual company, it was a BLAST!  Special shout out to Jimbo for the funny remarks and Hoglady coming from the Mardi Gras virtual cruise!

• Like 10
  • Thanks 3