Uber/lift in Port Canaveral

JasperCruiser

For those that have cruised out of Port Canaveral lately, I’m just wondering how efficient Uber/lift are to go from the airport to and from the cruise terminal. I was considering setting up transportation with one on the recommended shuttles, but if Ubers are abundant, I may just go that route.

• Like 1

I am also interested in finding about Uber. I am interested in using Uber to get from MCO to my hotel near the port.  I am curious if the service is good and the approximate cost.  I took an Uber in March 2020 from an airport hotel to the port and it was the best transportation I ever had to a port.

We live just a couple miles from the port and often take Lyft or Uber.  While we had longer than normal wait times before cruises started back up last summer, that has not been the case since.  In fact, several times we've had a driver from the Orlando area who picked up someone from the airport and dropped them off at the port and decided to stick around our area until they get someone going back that way.  In any case, I don't think it will be an issue if the OP is coming from Orlando. Not sure about Melbourne.

We took an Uber from Orlando to the port in December with no problem. After the cruise, we thought we would be able to walk out and get on a shuttle back to the airport, but they were not taking anyone without a prior reservation. There were no Lyft drivers available and we had to wait for an Uber. We had plenty of time, but it cost us around $90, which was more than a shuttle would have been.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/6/2022 at 11:48 AM, crewsweeper said:

Might pay to rent a car at MCO and drive to your hotel.  Rental agencies are all close by and have shuttles to terminal.  Schedule a return rental at same time. No one way charges drop off charges in FL.

Rental cars are crazy expensive.  I just shopped for a one way from MCO to our Coco Beach hotel and for 24 hours a compact was $145.  

• 3 weeks later...

Any updates on MCO to Port Canaveral hotel transportation?   Did anyone take an Uber/Lyft?  What was the cost if you don't mind sharing? 

I did a fake booking earlier this morning (our cruise is 4/23 and flying in Friday 4/22) and it was about $80-90 with the tip.  There are 3 of us.   just curious of current experiences.  

I am looking at shuttle options too and I looked at a rental car (is more $$).  The shuttle per person cost x 3 was similar to the Uber/Lyft - which I know could be different on the actual day.  Sharing just as a comparison.

Edited by jkloni