Pre Cruise Stay

SC2020

If I were to cruise out of Miami, where are some of the best places to stay the night before? I would like to be reasonably close to the port, but I don't need anything fancy. A Hampton Inn or Courtyard-type hotel would be more than enough for just one night. I've never been to Miami so I'm very unfamiliar with the city. 

We always just spend the night at an airport area hotel, since we usually just fly in late the afternoon before.  So fly in…airport shuttle to hotel…taxi or Uber to the port the next day.  It’s only about a 15 minute taxi ride to the port.  If we get in early enough the day before, we sometimes take an Uber into Miami Beach for dinner the night before, but most of the time we don’t bother. 

Edited by MeHeartCruising
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, SC2020 said:

If I were to cruise out of Miami, where are some of the best places to stay the night before? I would like to be reasonably close to the port, but I don't need anything fancy. A Hampton Inn or Courtyard-type hotel would be more than enough for just one night. I've never been to Miami so I'm very unfamiliar with the city. 

Have you checked out the Florida Departures Board here on CC? 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, SC2020 said:

We stay at the Hampton Inn Miami/Brickell. There are a lot of restaurants within walking distance and also a supermarket about two blocks away if you forgot something or pan to take soda on board. They also have a shuttle to the port about 5 minutes away. It think the cost was about $8-10 per person for the shuttle.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, tytanbri said:

We stay at the Hampton Inn Miami/Brickell. There are a lot of restaurants within walking distance and also a supermarket about two blocks away if you forgot something or pan to take soda on board. They also have a shuttle to the port about 5 minutes away. It think the cost was about $8-10 per person for the shuttle.

In the same approximate area you have a Homewood Suites Miami/Brickell too. Either one is nice, but not necessarily inexpensive.

• Like 1

Please do a little research on Miami and Miami Beach.  They are two different towns and very expensive.  Midtown Manhattan expensive.

You aren't going to find a $79 Hampton Inn in the Miami area or if you do chances are you'll be in a very seedy, crime ridden neighborhood.

I'd suggest a moderate hotel downtown like the Hampton Inn Brickell and a nice Cuban restaurant for dinner.

Avoid the area directly around the airport.  It's horrible.

Edited by BlueHerons