Havensight to Charlotte Amalie pier: Is there a ferry shuttle?

barric

We arrive by cruise ship to Havensight.  Is there an inexpensive shuttle, by land or sea, to the main Charlotte Amilie area?

I thought we did one a couple years ago, but I cannot find any current info

Thanks all

On 2/7/2022 at 11:41 AM, cltnccruisers said:

Is there a reasonable walking option?   For our previous visits to St Thomas we docked at Crown Point which is in no way walkable.

We've actually walked to town from both piers, but you have to be up for it. Nicer walk from Havensight. One time we did the 99 Steps after walking to town. That was the sping after Hurricanes Irma and Maria, and they were still repairing the power grid. Pretty view from there!

Some time ago I read that they were going to upgrade the road from Havensight to town, but that may have been put on hold due to Covid. Not sure if it was to include the walk along the waterfront. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ashland said:

Loved docking at Havensight but now RCI only docks at Crown Bay. Take the open air taxi but if there's no ship docked at Havensight ...don't bother the shopping area will be pretty much closed.

The discussion is about walking to CA from Havensight…

9 hours ago, cltnccruisers said:

Unless we decide to do an excursion we may just hang out in Havensight.  We've done C-A several times and I always end up spending too much $$.  🙂

Love shopping in Havensight we also had a favorite restaurant there but not sure it's still open. As long as there's a ship docked there the stores will be open.

On 2/19/2022 at 7:56 AM, cltnccruisers said:

Unless we decide to do an excursion we may just hang out in Havensight.  We've done C-A several times and I always end up spending too much $$.  🙂

Yes Havensight has many of the popular shops that are in CA. CA just offers the more historic feel…as you navigate all the barkers 🥴

One thought, just spending a couple hours at Paradise Point is a nice, easy way to enjoy the amazing view of the port and a nice lunch, usually with live music. You can tram up and taxi down if you want…😀