Bathroom on Summit

cruisekitty22

I was recently in a accessible Sky Suite that had shower only.   The only problem is there is no curb and the only way we found to keep water from covering the whole bathroom floor was to build a towel dike.

RS have both a stand alone shower as well as a tub.    CS have a tub that is extremely high with a shower it in.  PS have 2 bathrooms.   One with shower only and one with both a stand alone shower and a tub.

We've stayed in a Deck 6 Sky Suite and a Deck 8 Celebrity Suite on the Summit, both of which had a bath tub/shower combination (partially visible in the attached pic), and in a Deck 11 Aqua Class cabin that had a standard shower with glass door.

We did not find the Sky Suite tub particularly difficult to get into our out of. On the other hand, while everything else about the Celebrity Suite was spectacular, the bathtub/shower combination was a real pain to navigate. It looks similar to the Sky suite tub, but the tub wall was taller and the floor of the tub was elevated probably 6" higher than the floor of the bathroom, making it a bit tricky, especially when getting out with wet feet.

I can't seem to find a pic of the Aqua Class cabin's shower, unfortunately. Maybe someone else will have one.

Hope that's helpful. 

Sky Suite tub/shower

IMG_20190330_151940_original.thumb.jpg.f9500cf0ec64d05e250768a90d90f4b2.jpgs.

Celebrity Suite tub/shower

IMG_20210821_133755_original.thumb.jpg.696b9d2827c8ee87df42bf91a1133f7c.jpg

I found the bath tub in my Sky Suite to be pretty tricky to climb out of. Getting in wasn't as bad, but getting out, when everything was slick and your feet were wet was a real challenge. It would have been much easier/better if there were any grab bars, but there is nothing to hold onto except the glass partition and that doesn't feel very safe to hold onto. I also hated the cloth shower curtain that was too long for the tub. The bottom of it sat down on the floor of the tub and never got dry. It was pretty gross.

I definitely preferred the shower stall with glass door in my AQ balcony cabin.