What is the Equivalent to 'Alchemy Bar' on RC Ships? Is There One?

BubbaD123

Hey everyone,

I'm booking a cruise on RC later this year, probably Southern Caribbean on Voyager of the Seas. I was looking at the bars offered on the ship. A few of them look rather nice, but seem to just offer your standard martinis and cocktails. Is there a bar on RC ships that tends to be known for mixology/unique cocktails? I haven't been on an RC ship since I was a chitlin. 

Thanks in advance!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, BubbaD123 said:

. Is there a bar on RC ships that tends to be known for mixology/unique cocktails?

To your question. No.  I too, am a big fan of the Alchemy Bar.  Thinking of a future reservation at a Alchemy Bar stool on the Magic.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BubbaD123 said:

I'm booking a cruise on RC later this year, probably Southern Caribbean on Voyager of the Seas. I was looking at the bars offered on the ship. A few of them look rather nice, but seem to just offer your standard martinis and cocktails. Is there a bar on RC ships that tends to be known for mixology/unique cocktails? I haven't been on an RC ship since I was a chitlin. 

Sadly, there is no equivalent on RC to the mixology type experience like the Alchemy Bar.

This is one area that Royal Caribbean falls behind some of the other lines, including Carnival. There are specialty cocktails on many different Royal bar menus, but you're not getting craft cocktails with custom made syrups, bitters and liquors, and really no bar where the bartenders actively encourage you to order off-menu.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Sadly, there isn’t a “craft cocktail” bar aboard Royal.  One area where Royal could  easily improve is in their olive and maraschino cherry game. Their awful, dyed red cherries they use are a disgrace. They have no business being served in a cocktail glass. That is unless you are having a Shirley Temple. 🤮

• Like 1

9 hours ago, BubbaD123 said:

Hey everyone,

Thanks in advance!

Nothing quite like that.  IME the closest is the champagne bar.   They will likely be happy to make you whatever is requested and they do make many “hand crafted” cocktails if you will.  Not a huge fan of that term, but you get the point.  

However, there won’t be the same showmanship as you would see at the bar you are referencing.  On a few cruises we would pop in there a few evenings to try a unique martini or whatever else.  They tended to spend the most time making any given drink.  Most of the bars are about efficiency, which in general I much prefer when at a bar.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, topnole said:

Nothing quite like that.  IME the closest is the champagne bar.   They will likely be happy to make you whatever is requested and they do make many “hand crafted” cocktails if you will.  Not a huge fan of that term, but you get the point.  

However, there won’t be the same showmanship as you would see at the bar you are referencing.  On a few cruises we would pop in there a few evenings to try a unique martini or whatever else.  They tended to spend the most time making any given drink.  Most of the bars are about efficiency, which in general I much prefer when at a bar.  

Thank you. Does each ship have some iteration of the Champagne Bar?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BubbaD123 said:

Thank you. Does each ship have some iteration of the Champagne Bar?

It varies.  Some have the bionic bar now.  Not sure if there is a champagne bar type on all of them. If you name the ship I could tell you.  

Some ships have the Bamboo Room. It's fairly unique.

two70 on Odyssey used to make a drink called a Crescendo that was very unique. They may tell you they don't maje it anymore, but I got a couple when ordered directly from bartender.

Also got them in SL and Boleros

Citron, Midori, Apple Pucker, Pama, and orange oil. Triple Sec was substituted for orange oil since that's the ingredient they don't carry anymore. 

20220204_220304.thumb.jpg.712c5dce16da28b2198106491d64968f.jpg

I'm going to try it with Blue Curacao to see if it becones purple.

The vodka is 1 1/2 ounces, everything else is 1/2 ounce.

Edited by John&LaLa

On 2/8/2022 at 10:26 PM, twangster said:

Bamboo Room is a close equivalent but not the same.  

Generally speaking Carnival does have better drink options particularly on Mardi Gras.  The bar menus are different in each venue. 

A darn shame!