Complimentary Specialty Dining Reservation?

KLM3164

For our upcoming cruise we have a dinner at a specialty restaurant included as a perk. I’d like to make a reservation before we cruise but the only option is to make the reservation and pay the cover charge at the time of booking. Does anyone know if we can substitute the voucher we will receive when we are on the ship and have our pre-payment for the reservation refunded as OBC? I really wish Princess would allow us to make a reservation for our complimentary dinner but right now that doesn’t seem to be an option in the app.

If we wait until we get on the ship to make a reservation, I’m wondering what happens if we can’t use the voucher for a time that is acceptable to us for dinner? We don’t want to eat dinner at 8 or 9. Does anyone have experience on what happens if you can’t use your complimentary voucher? Is it use it or lose it? 

TIA for any recent experiences you may have.

21 minutes ago, KLM3164 said:

For our upcoming cruise we have a dinner at a specialty restaurant included as a perk. I’d like to make a reservation before we cruise but the only option is to make the reservation and pay the cover charge at the time of booking. Does anyone know if we can substitute the voucher we will receive when we are on the ship and have our pre-payment for the reservation refunded as OBC? I really wish Princess would allow us to make a reservation for our complimentary dinner but right now that doesn’t seem to be an option in the app.

If we wait until we get on the ship to make a reservation, I’m wondering what happens if we can’t use the voucher for a time that is acceptable to us for dinner? We don’t want to eat dinner at 8 or 9. Does anyone have experience on what happens if you can’t use your complimentary voucher? Is it use it or lose it? 

It is a "use it during the voyage or lose it" benefit.  You shouldn't have any trouble booking the restaurant of choice on board.  Call or drop by after embarkation. 

Some have success in DMW recognizing the credit and charging net $0, while others do not.  You can keep trying on DMW or just wait until you sail.

• Thanks 1

According to our TA, the ship will assign a restaurant and time for the complimentary dinner. They will leave a card in your cabin with the info. However you can change it if you don't like the choice. Apparently the time will be late. So we plan to change ours when we get on the ship. 

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, KLM3164 said:

Just had this problem. Made a reservation in the medallion app for the Crown Grill. We have the free specialty dining but it charged my credit card on file. I called Princess and was told when we are onboard go to the service desk and we will be refunded the amount to our credit card  or we can have it as onboard credit.

• Thanks 1