Testing, Testing.....

So...I would like to hear your recommendations for testing partners, it seems that Select 4 seems a good option for us with a local (ish) clinic where we can go, read a lot on here about others but nor hear about this one.

The Lateral flow at 9pm before you fly seems a bit too close for comfort getting the certificates back if  you have dodgy wifi given we are in a hotel that night but that's what we have to do.

Also, to confirm if we fly on the Sunday are we OK to get the PCR on the Thursday?

Thanks in advance.

Depends where you are going but as far as i know the PCR test on return has been dropped from 11th Feb onwards. I would check the guidance updates on Marella website 

https://www.tui.co.uk/holidays/where-can-i-go-on-holiday/wp-content/uploads/2022/01/Requirements-for-re-entry-into-the-UK-England-Scotland-Wales-and-N-Ireland-260122-1.pdf

hth

Edited by 2BACRUISER

3 hours ago, bluewater2111 said:

So...I would like to hear your recommendations for testing partners, it seems that Select 4 seems a good option for us with a local (ish) clinic where we can go, read a lot on here about others but nor hear about this one.

The Lateral flow at 9pm before you fly seems a bit too close for comfort getting the certificates back if  you have dodgy wifi given we are in a hotel that night but that's what we have to do.

Also, to confirm if we fly on the Sunday are we OK to get the PCR on the Thursday?

Thanks in advance.

We used Chronomics and they were pretty good to be fair.  We were apprehensive about the 9 pm before you fly test but it was a breeze, once you tested negative and sent a pic of your test the certification was returned instantly. If you can receive emails on your phone you needn’t worry about wi-fi.

• Thanks 1

Chronomics good for your lateral flow - you upload a photo at 9pm and get the result at 9.01pm (no human intevention their end). 

You can purchase lateral flow from Chronomics seperate to your PRE-CRUISE PCR test for Barbados.

Thursday would be the appropriate day for getting the test. I have not yet gone through that process but for me EXPRESS TEST at Gatwick (also a Tui/Marella preferred partner) would be what I would opt for.  Location is probably key for anyone needing a PCR Test

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, ferretktf said:

Chronomics good for your lateral flow - you upload a photo at 9pm and get the result at 9.01pm (no human intevention their end). 

You can purchase lateral flow from Chronomics seperate to your PRE-CRUISE PCR test for Barbados.

Thursday would be the appropriate day for getting the test. I have not yet gone through that process but for me EXPRESS TEST at Gatwick (also a Tui/Marella preferred partner) would be what I would opt for.  Location is probably key for anyone needing a PCR Test

Assume express test do LTF as well ? Do you know where it is at Gatwick ? Thanks

6 minutes ago, paulatsea said:

Assume express test do LTF as well ? Do you know where it is at Gatwick ? Thanks

Express Test was right next where you come out from Customs at LGW N in the Arrivals hall.  My Goddaughter booked and took a LFT test with them last month for her Day 2 test, which is no longer needed of course.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, paulatsea said:

Drive through for PCR in one of the Long stay car parks, as well as the walk-in at Arrivals in LGW-N

Yes ExpressTest will do LFT, but unless you live right next to LGW, I would have though that Chronomics would be easier from a time perspective (must be done after 9pm on the night before you go)

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, ferretktf said:

Drive through for PCR in one of the Long stay car parks, as well as the walk-in at Arrivals in LGW-N

Yes ExpressTest will do LFT, but unless you live right next to LGW, I would have though that Chronomics would be easier from a time perspective (must be done after 9pm on the night before you go)

thanks Cinnamon and ferretktf -

Yes you are right - just a bit paranoid about chronomics not working properly or something going wrong and not being able to get through to anyone  - although all comments I have read are positive about it working easily - it’s just me - I would prefer doing it somewhere with staff I could talk to if needed.

are they open 24x7 at arrivals Gatwick ?

id be staying at the hotel in the terminal area probably - so easy to just go out and go to arrivals and then come back .

thanks again

Edited by paulatsea