Mask Policy Update

jstewartgt

https://www.ncl.com/ca/en/cruise-faq/are-face-coverings-required

Are face coverings required?

Cruises with embarkation dates through and including February 28, 2022:

All guests and crew are required to wear masks onboard with the following exceptions:

• While indoors unless actively eating/drinking or seated at a table in a dining setting.
  • While outdoors when physical distancing cannot be achieved.
  • While in your stateroom.

Cruises with embarkation dates beginning March 1, 2022:

For sailings originating from a U.S. port:

Guests are not required to wear masks onboard, however, we recognize the added protections provided when wearing a mask covering and recommend that all guests do so onboard when indoors, except when actively eating or drinking, or seated at a table in a dining setting, or when in their stateroom.   Mask coverings are also recommended outdoors when physical distancing of at least six (6) feet cannot be maintained.  The decision to wear a mask covering when onboard is at the discretion of each guest. 

For sailings originating from a European port:

Local government regulations requires all guests to wear masks onboard while indoors except for when actively eating or drinking or when in their stateroom. Guests will be required to wear masks outdoors when social distancing is not possible.

Face masks that have two or more layers that completely cover your nose and mouth and fit snugly on your face are permitted. Face masks should block light when held up to bright light source. Masks with exhalation valves or vents; single layer or masks made of thin fabric that don't block light (i.e. neck gaiters) are not permitted.

For all sailings:

All crew members are required to wear face coverings while onboard.

In addition, local regulations must be adhered to while in port.

• Like 1

So, how does the "You must follow the rules" crowd feel? Cruise leaves 2/27. Are they going to enforce masks throughout the entire cruise? Seems so. Is it fair to require one group to mask up on 3/1 when everyone the embarks 3/1 and after can go maskless?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Hutcha said:

So, how does the "You must follow the rules" crowd feel? Cruise leaves 2/27. Are they going to enforce masks throughout the entire cruise? Seems so. Is it fair to require one group to mask up on 3/1 when everyone the embarks 3/1 and after can go maskless?

At midnight...on 2/28...the rebels will have a "toss your mask into the sea" ceremony!

It's funny....but I think the "self-imposed mask police" will still be following those rules.  The staff...not.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

So nice to see.   Finally able to cruise at our comfort level, with our own risk assessments. 

I hope that there is no judgement or comments from anyone on someone's decision whether to mask or not mask.  No one knows what your story is, and shouldn't judge you based on your personal decisions related to your health. 

• Like 10

12 hours ago, Livesteamer said:

You can bet that any cruise starting from today will have lax enforcement of the masking requirements

Of course. 

I couldn't blame anyone for dumping the mask at this point. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Daytonasailor said:

I sail the day after tomorrow. 2/11/22.  Anxious to see what happens.

i am sailing on 2/19/22 out of new york. i wonder what is going to happen to my cruise. Here in new york starting around tomorrow the state is lifting the indoor mask requirements just like many other states 

1 hour ago, shof515 said:

Here in new york starting around tomorrow the state is lifting the indoor mask requirements

That's expected, it's not for sure or official until we hear the press conference at 11:30.

1 hour ago, shof515 said:

i am sailing on 2/19/22 out of new york. i wonder what is going to happen to my cruise.

The NCL official policy doesn't change until cruises starting March 1, the best you can hope for is some lax enforcement.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/9/2022 at 8:44 AM, rkennedy553 said:

please keep us in the loop if possible on how strict or not thanks

Got off the Getaway on 2/16. Masking was a little lax. Requirement was that you could only unmask if eating, drinking or 6 feet away from others. What a lot of us did was to order a drink and just keep it in your hand. Walking around the ship at 10 in the morning with a Bailey's in my hand was unusual, but it worked. They did enforce the masking when going to the buffet line which was fine. Of course when seated, the mask came off. The cruise itself was unusual as the ship holds close to 4000 and when I questioned a ship officer, he said there was a little over 1200 on board. No chair hogs for sure. You could tell the difference from previous cruises. In the theater, as soon as the lights went out, a lot of the masks went off too. All in all, I did not encounter any problems with the masking, but I'm glad to see after March 1st, there is no longer a requirement for them.