Covid testing thru 2/28?

CruiserKris34

On 2/9/2022 at 6:17 AM, TeeRick said:

Yes there is hope.  But the question is really about how long will it be after Omicron recedes to: 1) drop masks on board, and 2) drop the pre-cruise testing requirement.  It is possible that booster doses of vaccines will be required by Celebrity before either of these two things happen.  I am hopeful that in a few months we can return to the situation enjoyed last summer on Celebrity ships before Delta hit.  No masks at least.  It might be quite some time until pre-cruise testing goes away.  And all of this is highly dependent on where the ship sails from and to. 

Keep in mind that last summer new cases per day was running about 12000, today, even though they are dropping rapidly new cases are running around 150,000.  A bit to go before we back to the same conditions as last summer. Probably a couple of months, if no new variant comes around.

2 hours ago, JamieLogical said:

Yes, but those are usually quite expensive! Last time I checked around here, they cost $195, whereas I can get an antigen test or a regular PCR test for free!

Fortunately, we are in an area that we can get the Abbott ID Now 🔴 so many places for no charge……and results in under and hour

8 hours ago, Cruise Anorak said:

First time on Celebrity and sailing from Southampton. How strict are they about taking on alcohol on embarkation?.

We have drinks included, but we like a drink while getting ready for dinner or sitting on the balcony.

We will not be taking it anywhere else on the ship.

Thanks.

On 2/9/2022 at 9:35 AM, JamieLogical said:

Do you have the opportunity to self-isolate prior to the cruise? That is what I have done for all four of my post-restart sailings and what I plan to do for my upcoming March sailing. I do have to physically go to work every day, but I wear a KN95 mask walking to/from my car and keep my office door closed all day when isolating. I isolate for the 10 days prior to the cruise.

You really love your cruising!😁

19 hours ago, smbt1 said:

Keep in mind that last summer new cases per day was running about 12000, today, even though they are dropping rapidly new cases are running around 150,000.  A bit to go before we back to the same conditions as last summer. Probably a couple of months, if no new variant comes around.

The CDC dropped the risk to level 3 yesterday for cruise ships due to declining numbers on board.  Cases in most of the US are receding.  Masks no longer required on board in most parts of the ship on Celebrity.  Things are moving forward.  So that all makes me hopeful.

12 hours ago, TeeRick said:

The CDC dropped the risk to level 3 yesterday for cruise ships due to declining numbers on board.  Cases in most of the US are receding.  Masks no longer required on board in most parts of the ship on Celebrity.  Things are moving forward.  So that all makes me hopeful.

Lets see the CDC went from LEvel 3 to Level 4 around the end of December as cases were climbing.  Makes sense that they would drop it back down now that cases are back in the same range as they were in December.

Masks were also not required on Celebrity, NCL, and RCL back in December until they got hit with Omicron during the Xmas holiday period, so again makes sense for them to relax again since their protocol allows it.

On the other hand we are still considerably worse than last summer when cases were about 10% of what they are now so I would not count on many other changes until the case counts get considerably lower.