Viking Homelands 2022 Season

NeilP57

1 hour ago, duquephart said:

No such thing in mine. Not an option.

I've discovered that the menu on the left doesn't "scroll", so I have to zoom out on my browser to see the bottom of the list. That's the only way I can access the "account" link.

Question for people on Homelands or Midnight Sun trips leaving in May/June. Did your choice for choosing Excursions open up on the date stated in your invoice? Did you get notification? Thanks for the information….just wondering….

Another handy deal is the "Calendar" in MVJ. There is an hour by hour for any given day of your cruise with arrive/depart times noted. Also, any reservations you make (spa, dining, excursions) show up at the times you made them for. Nothing you can't do on your own spreadsheet but snazzy all the same.

23 hours ago, duquephart said:

How does one request an invoice? 

Thanks.

Viking calls the invoice a Guest Statement. You should have received one when you booked the cruise. It is a PDF file named  Guest_<your last name><booking number< Shortened name of cruise> <date of cruise>. Example: Guest_Yeaton123456 Homelands 2022_3_30. You can request a duplicate  via email to vikingguestservices@vikingcruises.com. I asked for and received a guest statement to reflect the new itinerary on my Homelands cruise.

On 3/27/2022 at 7:16 AM, Mrs Miggins said:

On another source it is reported that the 2022 cruisers are getting a 15% reduction plus $250 pp OBC.  It also said that only the OBC is being offered to those booked for 2023.

For the May 6 sailing it is 10% but the 10% is of cash paid for this cruise. We used a voucher for the cruise since our original cruise from May 2021 was cancelled. We will only get the $250 each since technically we did not pay 'cash' for this cruise. At least that is what a Viking rep told me a few weeks ago.

14 minutes ago, BethU86 said:

For the May 6 sailing it is 10% but the 10% is of cash paid for this cruise. We used a voucher for the cruise since our original cruise from May 2021 was cancelled. We will only get the $250 each since technically we did not pay 'cash' for this cruise. At least that is what a Viking rep told me a few weeks ago.

That shouldn't be the case. "Cash paid for the cruise" should be your original payment; e.g., you won't get credit for the voucher uplift.

So, for example, if you paid $5000 for the May 21 cruise and got a 25% voucher, you'd have $6250 available spend on your next cruise (May 6, in your case). 10% would be based on the $5000 paid, not the $6250 "uplifted" amount, so $500.  

2 hours ago, cmaasfamily said:

That shouldn't be the case. "Cash paid for the cruise" should be your original payment; e.g., you won't get credit for the voucher uplift.

So, for example, if you paid $5000 for the May 21 cruise and got a 25% voucher, you'd have $6250 available spend on your next cruise (May 6, in your case). 10% would be based on the $5000 paid, not the $6250 "uplifted" amount, so $500.  

I agree and perhaps the Viking rep was incorrect. However, she had my reservation pulled up and told me that unfortunately since we used a voucher that we would not receive the FCC. I should find out for sure sometime after my cruise. I'm just really excited that we finally get to go!

1 hour ago, BethU86 said:

I agree and perhaps the Viking rep was incorrect. However, she had my reservation pulled up and told me that unfortunately since we used a voucher that we would not receive the FCC. I should find out for sure sometime after my cruise. I'm just really excited that we finally get to go!

I can confirm that you are correct and the Viking rep is correct.  You ONLY get the voucher for what you paid in cash.  If some of your cruise payment is in voucher, you will not get the 10% for that portion.  That is why the language is the way it is in their offer and why Viking uses the word "Cash".

We have had this happen already to us with a different cruise and cancellation.  We had paid some via voucher and some in cash - the smallest portion - and the 10% was only on the cash portion.

At the very onset of Covid, we chose to cancel under the guarantee and we got 100% in voucher.  Our friends waited and when Viking cancelled they offered a 100% refund or a voucher with a 25% uplift but again, only on the cash paid.  

• Like 1

The confusion is whether the 10% applies to what came out of your pocket for the original booking upon which the vouchers were issued. If the 10% applies only to the cash portion of the current booking and you had no cash outlay (i.e. "paid" for the cruise with vouchers) my guess is that you are SOL. I hope I'm wrong but this has all the earmarks of typical Viking shenanigans.

• Like 1

Chat with Viking rep:

You:   If I retain this booking will I get a 10% FCV based on my cash outlay on the original booking? 

Nadja:   As a token of our appreciation for accepting the necessary itinerary changes, we will be adding a $250 shipboard credit to your account for this voyage for each guest. This credit can be applied toward optional shore excursions, onboard services or used to purchase a Silver Spirits Beverage Package. Additionally, upon your return you will receive a 10% Future Cruise Voucher based on your paid cruise fare. The voucher can be used toward any future voyage with Viking—river, ocean, or expedition—and will be emailed to you after the cruise.

You:   Tricky wording: "based on your paid cruise fare" ----- is that the original cruise or the current cruise? The current booking was paid for with vouchers while the original cruise upon which the vouchers were based was paid for in cash. Which cruise counts for the purpose of determining the 10% credit?

Nadja:   I completely understand! The credit will be determined by the cruise fare of this cruise, Viking Homelands June 22 2022

You:   So ----- there will be no 10% credit because "this cruise" was paid for with vouchers?

Nadja:   That is correct!

Nadja:   Actually, I am sorry I misread your comment.

Nadja:   I am not understanding in what circumstance you would not be receiving the 10% voucher.

You:   Because this cruise was paid for with vouchers. Only the original (cancelled) cruise was paid for in cash.

Nadja:   Yes, I understand that your cruise was paid with vouchers. You will still be receiving a 10% credit of the cruise fare on your current cruise.

You:   As you said "The credit will be determined by the cruise fare of this cruise, Viking Homelands June 22 2022"

Nadja:   Yes, there is still a cruise fare for the cruise, whether you paid for the cruise with vouchers or not.

You:   So --- what I am hearing is that we will get a 10% voucher for the cash paid for the original booking?

Nadja:   You will receive a 10% voucher based off of the cruise fare of the current cruise.

You:   Whether or not the "current cruise" was paid for in cash? Regardless of how the "current cruise" was paid for?

Nadja:   Yes, that is exactly correct!

Nadja:   That is what I have been advising.

3 hours ago, duquephart said:

Chat with Viking rep:

You:   If I retain this booking will I get a 10% FCV based on my cash outlay on the original booking? 

Nadja:   As a token of our appreciation for accepting the necessary itinerary changes, we will be adding a $250 shipboard credit to your account for this voyage for each guest. This credit can be applied toward optional shore excursions, onboard services or used to purchase a Silver Spirits Beverage Package. Additionally, upon your return you will receive a 10% Future Cruise Voucher based on your paid cruise fare. The voucher can be used toward any future voyage with Viking—river, ocean, or expedition—and will be emailed to you after the cruise.

You:   Tricky wording: "based on your paid cruise fare" ----- is that the original cruise or the current cruise? The current booking was paid for with vouchers while the original cruise upon which the vouchers were based was paid for in cash. Which cruise counts for the purpose of determining the 10% credit?

Nadja:   I completely understand! The credit will be determined by the cruise fare of this cruise, Viking Homelands June 22 2022

You:   So ----- there will be no 10% credit because "this cruise" was paid for with vouchers?

Nadja:   That is correct!

Nadja:   Actually, I am sorry I misread your comment.

Nadja:   I am not understanding in what circumstance you would not be receiving the 10% voucher.

You:   Because this cruise was paid for with vouchers. Only the original (cancelled) cruise was paid for in cash.

Nadja:   Yes, I understand that your cruise was paid with vouchers. You will still be receiving a 10% credit of the cruise fare on your current cruise.

You:   As you said "The credit will be determined by the cruise fare of this cruise, Viking Homelands June 22 2022"

Nadja:   Yes, there is still a cruise fare for the cruise, whether you paid for the cruise with vouchers or not.

You:   So --- what I am hearing is that we will get a 10% voucher for the cash paid for the original booking?

Nadja:   You will receive a 10% voucher based off of the cruise fare of the current cruise.

You:   Whether or not the "current cruise" was paid for in cash? Regardless of how the "current cruise" was paid for?

Nadja:   Yes, that is exactly correct!

Nadja:   That is what I have been advising.

Look up chatbot.

Sounds like you were not talking with a real person, so info is particularly unreliable.

They use artificial intelligence algorithms to save money on the call center staffing.

I just talked to our Viking representative in reservations about the 10% FCC voucher.

Viking will offer a 10% FCC on the amount of the cruise fare that you paid in cash or credit card.  If part of your cruise was paid using past vouchers, these vouchers are NOT eligible for the 10% FCC.

Example:

Cruise Fare:          $8,000.00

Voucher Applied: $3,000.00

Paid Cash/CC      $5,000.00

FCC Voucher is 10% of $5,000.00 or $500.00 and this would be per person.

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, CDNPolar said:

I just talked to our Viking representative in reservations about the 10% FCC voucher.

Viking will offer a 10% FCC on the amount of the cruise fare that you paid in cash or credit card.  If part of your cruise was paid using past vouchers, these vouchers are NOT eligible for the 10% FCC.

Example:

Cruise Fare:          $8,000.00

Voucher Applied: $3,000.00

Paid Cash/CC      $5,000.00

FCC Voucher is 10% of $5,000.00 or $500.00 and this would be per person.

So long as they consider the original booking to be "the cruise fare" -----------

Just got off of the phone with a Viking Customer Service rep.  We had a Homelands cruise cancelled by Viking in 2021 and are using the 125% FCV towards Homelands in July 2022. The Viking rep calculated the offered 10% FCC for itinerary changes based on what we paid for the “original” 2021 cruise. 

2 hours ago, Ciaomamma said:

Just got off of the phone with a Viking Customer Service rep.  We had a Homelands cruise cancelled by Viking in 2021 and are using the 125% FCV towards Homelands in July 2022. The Viking rep calculated the offered 10% FCC for itinerary changes based on what we paid for the “original” 2021 cruise. 

Good sign ----- so long as this is not another five different reps five different answers deal.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, duquephart said:

Good sign ----- so long as this is not another five different reps five different answers deal.

Most of the Viking Reps do NOT understand how this works.  I have had to speak with supervisors to get the right answer.  They don't fully understand.

You will ONLY receive the FCC voucher for the amount of the Homelands cruise that was NOT paid for with a voucher from a previous cruise.

As in the example above, if the cruise has a value pp of 8K, and a 3K voucher was applied, then the FCC voucher would be issued against the 5K portion paid in cash or credit card.

It is not the value of the original cruise.

And the OBC is applied to your account and it is resident on the invoice if you ask for an update invoice.  You will not get a voucher for this - it is applied in the background.

Has anyone on a Homelands Cruise been able to book excursions? If so, what date are you sailing? Getting a bit frustrating as we are a week past due when our window was supposed to open. No problem booking Dining options, just excursions. Patience, patience……