Sapphire Princess Oz sailings cancelled 2022

stki

Sapphire Princess not coming to Australia now, going from Asia to West Coast USA.

We were on the repositioning from Hong Kong to Sydney in August 2022  and have been offered  the replacement cruise on the Royal Princess Sydney to HK in March 2023.

Here we go again, its our 4th cancelled cruise for this itinerary 

Cheers

Tanya

• Thanks 1

There goes another cruise! 😪 We'd booked the 8 night Tasmania cruise thinking it would be a good way to ease back into cruising. That's the tenth cruise we've had cancelled.

I have my eye on a similar length Carnival cruise to replace the Sapphire one but I'm not booking anything until we know cruising is going to happen.

32 minutes ago, Cruisers47 said:

For goodness sake…when will this end.

we have had numerous cruises cancelled…it’s all getting a bit sickening

Eileen

I don't think these cancellations have anything to do with the dithering over the Australian restart. It looks like Sapphire was just doing a few itineraries here on her way from Asia to the US, and most probably her Asian season has been cancelled so they're redeploying her to the US. Fair enough, I guess, they need to get as much revenue as they can. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, NSWP said:

That is sad Julie, Sapphire is one of my favourite ships, did Scandinavia/Baltics B2B on her in 2018.

That was the third Sapphire cruise we've had cancelled. I don't think we're destined to cruise on her. We really enjoyed the repostioning cruise to Japan we did on Diamond in 2018 so were keen to try her sister ship.

• Like 1

Feeling somewhat sad but philosophical at the same time.  We'd booked this cruise and the B2B to the South Pacific Fiji cruise.  Now will have to direct all my energy and enthusiasm to the 2024 World Cruise instead............surely, this must be a goer?

2 hours ago, Bubbeh said:

Feeling somewhat sad but philosophical at the same time.  We'd booked this cruise and the B2B to the South Pacific Fiji cruise.  Now will have to direct all my energy and enthusiasm to the 2024 World Cruise instead............surely, this must be a goer?

Let's hope so, Bubbeh.

16 hours ago, Bubbeh said:

Perhaps.