Oasis of the Seas Suites - Question about Bathrooms

jpcello

I cruise with my sister and we just booked a Guaranteed Suite category on Oasis's May 15th NY-Bahamas cruise. We have never done a guarantee reservation before and honestly we have always booked handicapped accessible cabins. We've decided to go with a guaranteed suite but I have a question about the bathrooms and know that y'all can answer my question (I did search before asking).

The smallest suite (Junior Balcony Suite) says bathroom with "tub". Please clarify for me that this is a typical bathtub with a shower? Or does it mean that besides the typical stall shower there is also a tub?

TIA! 

27 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Typically this and the step over height might be fairly high for some.

Man the step over is so tall.  I hit my feet all the time last week. Lolol.  

Our dislike of that tub is one of the reasons we rarely book a JS.  The bottom of the bath is higher than the bathroom floor (to accommodate cruiseship plumbing presumably).  This creates two issues.  A tall person finds their head uncomfortable close to the ceiling.  And for everyone  there is a big step in and out of the tub, which can be difficult or even hazardous to some people.  (One could try to sit on the side of the tub to enter and exit, though that is a rather foreign (and potentially awkward) approach for a mature adult trying to take a shower.

Depending on the reason you booked an accessible cabin in the past, you may not like the JS bathroom.  A JS assignment seems the most likely outcome for a suite guarantee booking, especially in the RoyalUp era.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Starry Eyes said:

Our dislike of that tub is one of the reasons we rarely book a JS.  The bottom of the bath is higher than the bathroom floor (to accommodate cruiseship plumbing presumably).  This creates two issues.  A tall person finds their head uncomfortable close to the ceiling.  And for everyone  there is a big step in and out of the tub, which can be difficult or even hazardous to some people.  (One could try to sit on the side of the tub to enter and exit, though that is a rather foreign (and potentially awkward) approach for a mature adult trying to take a shower.

Depending on the reason you booked an accessible cabin in the past, you may not like the JS bathroom.  A JS assignment seems the most likely outcome for a suite guarantee booking, especially in the RoyalUp era.

Odds are extremely high you will get a step up and in tub/shower.  If you need something different, you might want to change your booking.  

Thanks everybody for your feedback. Unfortunately there are zero handicapped accessible cabins. Typically you have to reserve them at least a year in advance. So we're going to take our chances and stick with the suite. Hopefully she won't have too much trouble. She can always shower in the gym 😉