Le Voyage Reservations open

ncgolferette

1 hour ago, ncgolferette said:

Dinner Reservations are now open on the Beyond for Le Voyage at least for the maiden voyage.  It is $75 pp.

Thank you! I’ve been checking almost daily for our July sailing and it’s now there. Really surprised it’s not more - we have lots of OBC so booked two nights!

wendy 

1 hour ago, prim8keeper said:

I'm also now seeing a Le Voyage Tasting option for $125 pp that includes wine pairings. Offered daily, but only at three times.

I saw the wine pairing for the additional fee after I made my dinner reservation.  I think I’ll just keep what I have and pass on the additional $50 pp.

Today we were able to reserve Daniel Boulud's specialty restaurant "Le Voyage" on our October 26th , 2022 "Beyond" cruise on the date and time we wanted using our OBC.  We're happy we could reserve this so early.

I suspect this new experience will evolve and improve over time. 

Just now, mikewomb said:

We will be in a suite on the Beyond and with the great food in Luminae I have a hard time spending $150 plus. I would love to know about this restaurant and what makes it so special. 

I guess I would wait for Beyond to start sailing.  There will likely be a lot of Le Voyage reviews.

32 minutes ago, mikewomb said:

We will be in a suite on the Beyond and with the great food in Luminae have a hard time spending $150 plus. I would love to know about this restaurant and what makes it so special. 

Only sailed on EDGE once thus far, at at Fine Cut - filet in Luminae was as good or better so for us no reason to pay an upcharge.  Ate at EDEN several times, LOVED it, fantastic breakfast and lunch complimentary, dinner has an upcharge but in our opinion was well worth it for one night.  Would not do it more than once though as my philosophy is if the food in Luminae is so good why shell out more $ if we are already eating at a lovely restaurant.

4 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

Only sailed on EDGE once thus far, at at Fine Cut - filet in Luminae was as good or better so for us no reason to pay an upcharge.  Ate at EDEN several times, LOVED it, fantastic breakfast and lunch complimentary, dinner has an upcharge but in our opinion was well worth it for one night.  Would not do it more than once though as my philosophy is if the food in Luminae is so good why shell out more $ if we are already eating at a lovely restaurant.

I totally agree about paying more as the suite restaurant is the best at sea. I have heard good things about Eden….thanks for the feedback. 

2 hours ago, mikewomb said:

We will be in a suite on the Beyond and with the great food in Luminae have a hard time spending $150 plus. I would love to know about this restaurant and what makes it so special. 

Le Voyage is a new partnership between Celebrity and a very well known chef, Daniel Boulud.

From the restaurant Daniel's website https://www.danielnyc.com/about/chef-owner

Daniel Boulud, a native of Lyon, France, is considered one of America's leading culinary authorities and one of the most revered chefs in New York, his home since 1982. Best known for his eponymous, exquisitely refined DANIEL on Manhattan’s Upper East Side, he has continually evolved his cuisine and expanded across the United States, as well as Canada, The Bahamas, Singapore and Dubai. Boulud is also the recipient of numerous honors, including James Beard Awards for “Outstanding Chef” and “Outstanding Restaurateur.” 

Before opening his flagship, DANIEL, on East 76th street (the former location of Café Boulud), Chef Boulud made his name at New York City’s Polo Club and as the Executive Chef of Le Cirque. In his early years as a chef, he worked under such lauded figures as George Blanc, Michel Guérard and Roger Vergé. Since launching his own restaurant empire, Chef Boulud has sought to continue that legacy of culinary mentorship through the establishment of his own charity – the Ment’or BKB Foundation – which supports both the efforts of the Bocuse d’Or team USA, as well as international apprenticeship opportunities for talented young chefs. Boulud is also a generous supporter and Co-President of Citymeals-on-Wheels, helping to provide nutritious meals to elderly homebound New Yorkers for more than two decades. 

19 hours ago, mfs2k said:

Le Voyage is a new partnership between Celebrity and a very well known chef, Daniel Boulud.

From the restaurant Daniel's website https://www.danielnyc.com/about/chef-owner

Daniel Boulud, a native of Lyon, France, is considered one of America's leading culinary authorities and one of the most revered chefs in New York, his home since 1982. Best known for his eponymous, exquisitely refined DANIEL on Manhattan’s Upper East Side, he has continually evolved his cuisine and expanded across the United States, as well as Canada, The Bahamas, Singapore and Dubai. Boulud is also the recipient of numerous honors, including James Beard Awards for “Outstanding Chef” and “Outstanding Restaurateur.” 

Before opening his flagship, DANIEL, on East 76th street (the former location of Café Boulud), Chef Boulud made his name at New York City’s Polo Club and as the Executive Chef of Le Cirque. In his early years as a chef, he worked under such lauded figures as George Blanc, Michel Guérard and Roger Vergé. Since launching his own restaurant empire, Chef Boulud has sought to continue that legacy of culinary mentorship through the establishment of his own charity – the Ment’or BKB Foundation – which supports both the efforts of the Bocuse d’Or team USA, as well as international apprenticeship opportunities for talented young chefs. Boulud is also a generous supporter and Co-President of Citymeals-on-Wheels, helping to provide nutritious meals to elderly homebound New Yorkers for more than two decades. 

Nice resume but you will still be paying $150 extra per couple for somebody on the ship's kitchen staff to try and follow Boulud's recipes.   I will wait for the reviews.

1 hour ago, TeeRick said:

Nice resume but you will still be paying $150 extra per couple for somebody on the ship's kitchen staff to try and follow Boulud's recipes.   I will wait for the reviews.

But he's no Julia Child!

On 2/9/2022 at 4:38 PM, ncgolferette said:

Dinner Reservations are now open on the Beyond for Le Voyage at least for the maiden voyage.  It is $75 pp.

Thank you for posting about Le Voyage.  I was able to make a reservation for the October 26th sailing and I was able to get 7:00PM.  Prime time dining I am excited.  Thank you again.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TeeRick said:

That’s my thoughts too. I’m on Beyond 8/8 and I have my reservations for Murano and Fine Cut. For the serious extra $ I’m not sure yet. My OBC is already gone between those two restaurants and the Captains Club only Naples tour snd the Santorini wine tour. I’d be more inclined if I still had a $150 in OBC to try.

1 hour ago, Virginia100 said:

That’s my thoughts too. I’m on Beyond 8/8 and I have my reservations for Murano and Fine Cut. For the serious extra $ I’m not sure yet. My OBC is already gone between those two restaurants and the Captains Club only Naples tour snd the Santorini wine tour. I’d be more inclined if I still had a $150 in OBC to try.

There is no reason for the extra price to be that high- other than the obvious one that people will pay it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TeeRick said:

There is no reason for the extra price to be that high- other than the obvious one that people will pay it.

If the whole experience will be really 3 Star Micheline quality then USD 75 is a very good pice considering you would pay on land more like USD 300+ for such a experience.

3 hours ago, TeeRick said:

Build it and they will come, price is silly to me, wonder if it is included with the Royal and above suites

15 hours ago, LXA350 said:

If the whole experience will be really 3 Star Micheline quality then USD 75 is a very good pice considering you would pay on land more like USD 300+ for such a experience.

Well that is the question right?  So I am waiting for some reviews.  That is all I have been saying here.