Wifi prices, oh my

aubreyc1988

5 hours ago, Hutcha said:

Celebrity is giving free Wifi for two, a truly free basic drink package (cheap to upgrade), and including tips. NCL needs to step it up

Princess has their Princess Plus which includes drinks package, gratuity and WiFi for all guest in the room. Or for exactly $40pp/day less you can book a saver fare (base room only rate no perks). Both are available on all ships, all categories, alll sailings with a refundable deposit. Both combine with the current national promo offer running at any given time. It’s the most consumer friendly pricing structure I know of amongst any of the cruise lines.  

1 hour ago, Hutcha said:

I was looking for next Feb. Aft balcony on Prima is at $5,600. Aft on Dawn $4,700. Regular bal on Bliss $3,400. Got an Aft balcony on their newest ship Beyond for $3,700. Add the open bar tips, included tips and WiFi to that, and I think it's a pretty good deal.

Week out comparison doesn't really  give you a good picture.

I would agree that a week out prices don't mean much, BUT I cruise every Presidents day week for 10 years and those prices were close 12 months ago. I always look at other options and because Disney has doubled in price I have found NCL to be the best deal for that week. I will look at the beyond for next year, BUT I never seem to find those SO LOW prices!

Edited by Lionkingrichard

32 minutes ago, Starflyr3 said:

I’m on Epic in 30 days (7day). I bought it for myself a few weeks ago, but now I can’t buy it for anyone else.

E3C53538-67BF-44C0-9ED5-A731146071D1.jpeg

It was an upgrade to their included Wifi, so you can only do it for yourself. Additional packages have to be bought at the going rate.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Lionkingrichard said:

I would agree that a week out prices don't mean much, BUT I cruise every Presidents day week for 10 years and those prices were close 12 months ago. I always look at other options and because Disney has doubled in price I have found NCL to be the best deal for that week. I will look at the beyond for next year, BUT I never seem to find those SO LOW prices!

Those prices were either pres week or the week after. Add to those Reflection for $3428 and Millennium For $3291. Both pres week. I'm just biter on NCL's "Free" promo. 

1 hour ago, Starflyr3 said:

I’m on Epic in 30 days (7day). I bought it for myself a few weeks ago, but now I can’t buy it for anyone else.

E3C53538-67BF-44C0-9ED5-A731146071D1.jpeg

howd you get so cheap. mine was 219.86 for 2 ppl so thats 109.93 just for the standard package. not streaming. 

7 hours ago, aubreyc1988 said:

While I am glad for you, you have to understand that some of us simply don't have that luxury of just taking the severance and finding another month later. 

All I am saying is, don't judge too harshly the people who have to work a bit while on vacation.

I didn't mean to come of judgy. Just a point of view. I use to do this on every vacation. After 20 years, I quickly learned that it is not worth it.

4 hours ago, luckyinpa said:

howd you get so cheap. mine was 219.86 for 2 ppl so thats 109.93 just for the standard package. not streaming. 

I have no idea.  we're platinum and have the free at sea, maybe that helped???  I just took the screenshot today

21 hours ago, Hutcha said:

Those prices were either pres week or the week after. Add to those Reflection for $3428 and Millennium For $3291. Both pres week. I'm just biter on NCL's "Free" promo. 

It's ok. I found out why I can't get the super low prices.

Celebrity wants $1500.00 more for my young Daughter to share our cabin and eat about $100.00 worth the food. 

No thanks!

NCL has been around $99.00 plus port fees and one year she was free!

On 2/10/2022 at 2:14 PM, aubreyc1988 said:

that is awesome, we had a similar experience, but unfortunately my husband can't charge his company for the expense 😕 

That's unfortunate - I will be in the same boat later this year when we do a TP - I'll be away for over a month, and will only be able to justify it by working some each day - if I'm not on vacation, but have put myself into a situation where I'm essentially working remotely at an exorbitant cost, that's probably more on me.

• Like 1

On 2/10/2022 at 10:31 AM, Kclovesken said:

I was just coming here to say the same thing and ask a question. Is the streaming plan really worth it? I only want to use it to be able to use WhatsApp to check on the kids back home. Also do you use it while your phone is on airplane mode? So confuzzled lol any guidance would be much appreciated. Doing a Mex Riviera Cruise. 

Hi, I had the regular wifi package on the Gem and was able to use WhatsApp with no problem. Even had a surprise call from my cousin in Denmark and it came in loud and clear (we were sailing to Bermuda)

Just got off of Encore and sitting at the airport.  Not that it is a big deal, but in order to access my free 250 minutes, they are now requiring a $3.95 activation fee. I didn’t bother to activate it, as my free latitude perk (60 free minutes) did not require an activation fee, and I didn’t need any more time.  This is a new fee since I sailed over Christmas/New Year on the Pearl.  I used the 250 minutes then without any fee.

1 hour ago, jlseymour3 said:

That's unfortunate - I will be in the same boat later this year when we do a TP - I'll be away for over a month, and will only be able to justify it by working some each day - if I'm not on vacation, but have put myself into a situation where I'm essentially working remotely at an exorbitant cost, that's probably more on me.

Yes it is unfortunate for us 😞 It's my husband who sometimes works a bit on sea days. He only gets 3 weeks of vacation a year, so we try to schedule our trips on gov holidays, but all of our family live in different states, so we use every single vacation day. Him working for 8 hours across a 7night cruise occasionally really helps us out, I just wish the internet pricing would be reasonable but it is what it is. 

Also for those still following, still cannot add the internet to my cart, the page just refreshes, does this in every browser. 

5 minutes ago, SteamboatCruiser said:

Just got off of Encore and sitting at the airport.  Not that it is a big deal, but in order to access my free 250 minutes, they are now requiring a $3.95 activation fee. I didn’t bother to activate it, as my free latitude perk (60 free minutes) did not require an activation fee, and I didn’t need any more time.  This is a new fee since I sailed over Christmas/New Year on the Pearl.  I used the 250 minutes then without any fee.

that fee is such BS. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, SteamboatCruiser said:

Thats strange and i am surprised no one is posting about this

According to the terms and conditions page located at https://www.ncl.com/termsandconditions/promotions says the internet package includes activation fee. I am thinking of printing this page and bringing it onboard with me when i get on the getaway later this week if i am charged a fee to use the perk

• Like 2

On 2/13/2022 at 10:10 AM, shof515 said:

Thats strange and i am surprised no one is posting about this

According to the terms and conditions page located at https://www.ncl.com/termsandconditions/promotions says the internet package includes activation fee. I am thinking of printing this page and bringing it onboard with me when i get on the getaway later this week if i am charged a fee to use the perk

Good idea. I’ll do the same for my next cruise.

For bookings after 18 Jan, when the FAS changed, it appears you cannot upgrade just one passenger online, does anyone know if you can do it when onboard, it will be more expensive then as I think the online price is 15% less than onboard. This makes a big difference pricewise, especially if one party never uses the internet (like mine)

• Like 1

11 hours ago, kenzie said:

For bookings after 18 Jan, when the FAS changed, it appears you cannot upgrade just one passenger online, does anyone know if you can do it when onboard, it will be more expensive then as I think the online price is 15% less than onboard. This makes a big difference pricewise, especially if one party never uses the internet (like mine)

Kenzie, I agree 100%. We usually pay the $89 bucks for unlimited WiFi, but mostly my partner uses it, so I just hop on as needed.I was planning to wait and purchase the internet on board with the latitudes discount, on day 2, to save some money, but now I’m think that’s not going to save anything at all!  I saw a thread a few weeks back where someone recommended waiting until day 2 to purchase to save money, and am wondering if you think that still applies or no now that the FAS has updated? We’re gold and booked a cruise last minute- leaving on Saturday!

12 hours ago, Mlake09 said:

Kenzie, I agree 100%. We usually pay the $89 bucks for unlimited WiFi, but mostly my partner uses it, so I just hop on as needed.I was planning to wait and purchase the internet on board with the latitudes discount, on day 2, to save some money, but now I’m think that’s not going to save anything at all!  I saw a thread a few weeks back where someone recommended waiting until day 2 to purchase to save money, and am wondering if you think that still applies or no now that the FAS has updated? We’re gold and booked a cruise last minute- leaving on Saturday!

I am on a b2b from 27 Feb, the first week is OK as I booked it under old FAS and have upgraded just mine, the second cruise is under the new rules. I would be very grateful if you would update here when you upgrade (hopefully on day 2) on you cruise what the position is. Many Thanks and have a great cruise 

My booking shows the wifi with streaming as $119.93, but only the first person in the room is allowed to upgrade from the website. Is this based on timing of when we booked the cruise (it was re-booked several times, and set for this upcoming March cruise last August)? Will I be charged for each person or is it for the suite? I may need to work, but if I have to pay $480, not happening. 

Has anyone used the social media only package before? Curious if it is worth it. I had the social media package on a previous Carnival cruise and it was cheap but great for keeping in touch with those at home, posting photos, and keeping up with news/current events. Most importantly, I have some family members I'd want to be able to be in contact with in some way (Facebook/Instagram Messenger, WhatsApp, etc) at any time if needed. I have T-Mobile so my phone will work fine in port. I'm mostly concerned with my at-sea days as I won't have service with T-Mobile.

Edited by janinelauren