Questions about Brewers Bay Beach ST Thomas

bodman34

I've been reading the previous posts and I think I have landed on visiting Brewer's Beach when we visit on December 5th based off the conversation.  My wife and I will be arriving on Royal Caribbean's Grandeur of the Sea at 11a.  I assume we will dock at Crown Bay but the schedule is not out for December yet.  We only have until 6p and love to snorkel.  My wife would truly love to see turtles!  We don't need any amenities as we would rather be face down in the water for most of our time.  My main concern is transportation not to but from Brewer's Beach.  It seems a little off the beaten path so to speak.  I have read that there are taxi's that will come back but is that a guarantee and if so does this cost extra?  I tried looking at the bus like someone suggested and it looks like Route 101 heads that way but stops short.  I don't see a bus stop at the beach either just the red line and then it stops.  Is the bus a possibility and if so how long would it take from the beach back to Crown Bay Port?  Thanks in advance for any help.

Edited by bodman34
  • Like 1

• bodman34 changed the title to Questions about Brewers Bay Beach ST Thomas
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This is exactly what I was hoping it was like.  Thanks for your input.  Your pictures were fantastic and I appreciate sharing your experience.  I am more concerned about getting back from the beach and am looking for some response to the transportation side of the trip back.

On 3/10/2022 at 4:45 PM, bodman34 said:

This is exactly what I was hoping it was like.  Thanks for your input.  Your pictures were fantastic and I appreciate sharing your experience.  I am more concerned about getting back from the beach and am looking for some response to the transportation side of the trip back.

I'd love to know this also.

• 3 weeks later...

I had not received any replies specific to the ease or cost of getting back from Brewer's Bay.   I am more concerned about getting back from the beach and am looking for some response to the transportation side of the trip back. Options available...  Taxi, Bus or Other  Cost and reliability of Taxi returning at designated time,  Ease of catching a bus  Nearest Bus Stop, schedules etc or Other option they could recommend. Thanks in advance!

• 1 month later...

We went to Brewer's in October from the Havensight pier and had an absolutely wonderful day! YES,  there were lots of turtles! The water was calm and clear, not crowded at all, and there was a food truck that had really good pates for lunch. If memory serves, we just arranged the return trip with our taxi driver, telling him what time we wanted to be picked up and taken back to the ship. On the way over, the driver told us this is where he takes his family for beach days. I think I also remember seeing a  BUS STOP in front of the University, which was about a quarter of a mile over a hill from the beach, so public transportation may be an option. We've been to St. Thomas a number of times on cruises, and visited Magens, Sapphire, Lindqvist, Emerald, Secret Harbor, and Morningstar, but Brewer's is now our favorite! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

I'm super excited about an upcoming cruise to St. Thomas.  I'll be arriving at Havensight cruise pier. Do they have regular taxi cabs to transport to Brewers Bay. I was thinking if so I would be able to get back in touch with the same cab company to get us back to the ship after. I was originally thinking of going to Sapphire Beach but after these reviews. Also, are there any chair rentals at Brewers Bay? Thank you. 

There aren't any chair rentals at Brewers Beach. Mostly locals go there and they bring their own chairs.

As to taxis, yes, there are taxis at both docks, but though they are supposed to take anybody where they want to go, some may try to steer you to another destination where they can probably pick up passengers for the return trip. If there are more than 2 of you, you have a better chance of getting a taxi to take you to Brewers.