Neptune Guests

Woofbite

Seeking suggestions for arranging for a small group embarkation party in a Neptune suite consisting of seven 

or eight Neptune and  non-Neptune guests with better hors d’oeuvres/canapes than those provided in

the routine "collector gifts" section of the HAL website.  Those are always the same and not particularly

good in my opinion.  Don't need a bartender but is Is it also possible to have a larger mini-bar and more ice

set up in advance for the occasion?

1 hour ago, Woofbite said:

Seeking suggestions for arranging for a small group embarkation party in a Neptune suite consisting of seven 

or eight Neptune and  non-Neptune guests with better hors d’oeuvres/canapes than those provided in

the routine "collector gifts" section of the HAL website.  Those are always the same and not particularly

good in my opinion.  Don't need a bartender but is Is it also possible to have a larger mini-bar and more ice

Yes, you can order hors d-oeuvres for a specified number - 7 or 8 will fit comfortably.  They can be either hot, cold, or a combination, and definitely order ice.  I don't know what you mean by setting up a "mini-bar".  I usually order beer and wine to be brought up.  As you probably know, the Neptunes have a "bar", and the cabinet above has the glasses.  Be sure to order more glasses, if needed.  I have found that the guest frequently come with their own glasses, filled with whatever.  Have fun!

To set up hors d’oeuvres / canapes on embarkation day is tricky.  Normally to order the nicer ones that Neptune Suite guests get you have to order a day ahead of time and things are very hectic on embarkation day.

FYI - you can order for 4 and believe me there is more than enough for 8 people.  If you order for more than that, there is normally a charge.

Embarkation day is always fun and exciting at sail a way.  If it were me what I would do is just either bring some munchies on board (like crackers, cheese, etc) and offer those.  Then I would invite the guests over another time for pre- dinner drinks and hors d’hoeuvres when you can order them easily a day ahead of time and they will be enjoyed.  There’s also stuff in the Lido you could take to your room for later.  The munchies in the Neptune Lounge are for the NS guests and if you take 8 plates of a bunch of stuff it will deplete it pretty quickly but you could talk to the concierge & perhaps some arrangement could be made?

You can certainly ask the Neptune concierge for additional ice and if possible another ice bucket for the occasion. (I suggest the concierge as the stewards are so busy on embarkation day).

As to the mini bar, I’d contact HAL in advance and make the request.  If you know what your guests like to drink and are having them come back you could also potentially order a bottle of liquor which might be cheaper than mini bar drinks.  Just a thought.

Another thought - if everyone has the HIA with the Signature Beverage Package, they may well come with their own drinks and it would be easy for you to procure preferred mixes - soda / pop at a bar prior to the occasion.

• Like 1

Thanks.  We'll get it together one way or another incorporating some of the above

suggestions.   Probably later than embarking day.

Oh if you do it later than embarkation day, it’s a breeze.  You just need to make arrangements the day before.  IIRC they needed to know by noon the day before but that was B.C. (Before Covid) - check with the concierge when you are on board.

3 hours ago, Woofbite said:

Thanks.  We'll get it together one way or another incorporating some of the above

suggestions.   Probably later than embarking day.

Doing it on any other day will be alot easier and nicer IMO, just ask the Neptune staff for help.  Also, I have found that on embarkation day people are so involved in other things that they often are "no shows".  

We had an aft Neptune with the wrap around balcony.  We were a group of 10 traveling with our 4 adults and 4 grands, but we were the only ones in a Neptune.  We had the sailaway in our cabin.  The balcony was large enough for our group.  I talked to the concierge in the Neptune Lounge and ordered hor's d'oeurveres  for six people.  The Neptune lounge staff was more than helpful.  Our cabin attendants brought extra glasses.  We were traveling in August, 2019 so we could bring on board a bottle of wine or sparkly for each adult.  The teenagers had discovered the pizza kitchen on the Lido deck and the Dive-In was still open at 5.  One group got pizza and the other group got fries from the Dive In.  A sailaway party can be done in a Neptune, but it may not be a refined, classic cocktail party.  

Edited by WisRiver
correct spelling