Testing?

cjd930

My wife and I are cruising out on NYC on NCL the first week of April. I realize we have to provide a negative test at the pier. What happens if you take an at home test and you test positive 2 days before your cruise? Refund? FCC? or

what?

Are people who have recently cruised AND we insurance bothering to bring a test to pier? It's "encouraged" but not required.  Just wondering if it's even worth the hassle since we will get one at pier next week and could just do our own rapid for peace of mind.  Thanks. 

You need to bring a Negative covid result test with you when you arrive at the pier.  Spoke with NCL rep today and she stated at home test are acceptable, as long as there is a website to go to to add info.  The at home rapid tests, the government has sent out, are just for your own piece of mind. They do not link to a website, so unacceptable.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Esv104 said:

Need to bring a test starting March 1st, but not now.  Curious if everyone is bro going a test or opting to just get the test at pier. 

Yes. Most people bring tests so that, in the event of a positive test at check-in, NCL will assist them with quarantine accommodations and transportation to those quarantine facilities versus being on their own in a strange city.  

And yes, I see that you understand that your question is relevant for a few more days only since self-testing is a mandatory requirement inn a few more days. 

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Like 1