English woman confused over Covid test

georgegirl

18 hours ago, georgegirl said:

Finally. Booked our test with Zupmed on the Saturday morning at 9am so at least we won’t lose any time with what we have planned. You can go to airport or have location on Poplar Ave Memphis. Pay when you get there. 

Thank you for the Zupmed lead!  This looks like a great option for those at the MEM airport.

I note that for early Saturday am "regular" tests, results will not be available until Monday evening.  They say they have an "expedited" test that provide results the same afternoon, but this costs upwards of $180 per test ("regular" tests cost $95).

And they said this about insurance, which I admit I don't fully understand:

"Since you don't take insurance, why do you need my card?
While our prices reflect our charges for testing, consultation, and telephone management, the laboratory will submit a separate bill to insurance for their portion of the actual test. Thus, we collect the insurance information for them. (Note: For U.S. citizens without insurance, a federal fund is available for the laboratory portion.)"

The Poplar Ave site is 9 miles from the Peabody Hotel. 

On 2/11/2022 at 1:47 PM, georgegirl said:

We will be flying from London on Friday 11March to Memphis arriving close to midnight. We will be boarding American Queen on Monday 14th. Our trip has been put back couple of times due to pandemic. Originally we were supposed to be getting complimentary Covid test at hotel. It seems now that we need to get PCR test no more than 2 days before. Anyone boarded recently that can confirm which is correct please?

I have tried to find somewhere that does rapid pcr test which is a nightmare. Either drive through (we don’t drive) or they cost $180

plus. We will be staying at Peabody Hotel 

mid anyone can advise please 

It is now moved to three days before.   CVS Pharmacy has the rapid PCR tests.

12 minutes ago, georgegirl said:

I've double checked and we are booked in for the Saturday morning at 9am at Zupmed. At least we have practically the whole of the Saturday to have fun

Let us know how it all goes.  Good luck and enjoy your trip

Good new for those sailing 3/19/22  or after. I received the following email today regarding a change in testing requirements.

American Queen Voyages SafeCruise Update Notification

Dear Valued Guests and Travel Agent Partners, 

We look forward to welcoming you on board for our 10th Anniversary season! At American Queen Voyages, our guests’ well-being and providing the best possible experience from start to finish is our number one priority. It is now time for your AMERICA-tion with American Queen Voyages, across North America’s rivers, lakes & oceans and expedition experiences, less complicated and without uncertainty.

In an effort to streamline your American Queen Voyages’ experience, we will now provide a free COVID-19 test (Antigen) prior to embarkation at the pre-cruise hotel beginning March 19, 2022. You may also provide proof of a negative test by a valid third-party with results from within two days of embarkation. 

Those that do not receive a negative COVID-19 test at the pre-cruise hotel or provide proof of a negative test within the timeframe above, will not be able to board. For more information visit link.

We will continue to follow guidance provided by the CDC, regional and local municipalities and truly appreciate your cooperation. 

Sincerely,

American Queen Voyages