How many people are on your sailing?

Crazy planning mom

4 minutes ago, winterbliss said:

We will not be taking any of the covid shots required to cruise. Have no idea how many cruises we've done.. 40 plus, possibly 50. Nine of our family and or friends in similar position. So that's 11 of us in my little social circle. Kind of makes me wonder what the impact of folks like ourselves who are barred from travel, will have or is having. 

It appears to me that when it's all said and done less than 70% of Americans will get double vaxxed. If boosters are required that will drop well below 40%. Children vaccine numbers are much lower and the effectiveness is coming into question, so requiring children over 12 to be vaccinated will hit family lines hard. 

Some on the forums will make the case that those who cruise are more likely to get vaxxed, but no matter how you spin it, there is a percentage of the population that will never return to cruising if vaccines remain a requirement.  To think otherwise is very naive. 

All this contributes to why I remain short. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, pdmlynek said:

How would one find that out?

I think no one knows for sure ahead of their sail date. You would have to ask once on board. Ship officers, and some other staff would know. You might be able to get the answer on board at guest services.

• Like 1

On 2/11/2022 at 9:02 PM, Crazy planning mom said:

Can you post your sail date, ship name, and approximate passenger count?

According to a few of the bartenders, crew on the 2/19 Escape sailing were told to expect fewer than 1600. There were no lines for anything and lots of open tables in the specialties. It was not hard to find loungers by the pool whenever we went. It was lovely to experience, but I hope it doesn't last too long.

On 3/4/2022 at 1:37 AM, Uff da said:

Only roughly 15% of the US population cruises at all. So how many of them are vaxxed? Some of them, like me, only decided to cruise again this month because of the vaccine requirement and the (finally) dropping Covid numbers. ...

Just back from a lovely Celebrity Cruise, my first since 2019, for similar reasons. (And like others, loved the low crowds, but understand it can't continue for the cruise lines to stay in business.)

• Like 1

Based on last minute pricing it is ramping up.  Two weeks ago the cheapest last minute cruise for 2 across the fleet in Haven was 450 dollars a day.  Today the same search shows the cheapest option is 555, and that is the only one under 600.  I know we can't know capacity on all cruises, but I feel the last minute prices can help us understand how desperate they are to fill a really undersold cruise.  

• Haha 1

On 3/9/2022 at 1:16 PM, oteixeira said:

Based on last minute pricing it is ramping up.  Two weeks ago the cheapest last minute cruise for 2 across the fleet in Haven was 450 dollars a day.  Today the same search shows the cheapest option is 555, and that is the only one under 600.  I know we can't know capacity on all cruises, but I feel the last minute prices can help us understand how desperate they are to fill a really undersold cruise.  

last minute pricing is a great gauge, but you are seeing last minute prices for spring break- a time period that should have been sold out months ago. Let’s see what last minute

pricing is after Easter to get a better idea of general supply and demand. The summer season will be an even better indicator.

• Like 2

On 3/9/2022 at 1:16 PM, oteixeira said:

So I just went and double checked. Things in haven maybe ramping up (I don’t track haven prices) but things in the rest of the ship are still very much Undersold, even for spring break. Looks like you can get a balcony cabin on pretty much any of the NCL ships for $599 (cheaper on some). A balcony cabin during spring break was pricing double pre covid. 

Now, this isn’t to say it’s not “ramping up” from the dismal performances of January and February, but it’s still looking bleak to me. 

99AB80FB-69C4-4F49-BCBE-2625FA7A8A53.jpeg

Edited by BermudaBound2014

• 2 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, Shirt-man said:

Joy March 5-12  1,885 passengers

Joy March 12-19 2,800 passengers

Just a note that some of that big jump is probably some cruisers jumping over from the last minute cancellation of the Escape sailing for that period

19 minutes ago, jk87 said:

Just a note that some of that big jump is probably some cruisers jumping over from the last minute cancellation of the Escape sailing for that period

The last minute cancellation for the Escape was the 3/19 sailing, not 3/12.  The Escape's problems should not have affected the Joy's occupancy for 3/12-3/19.

38 minutes ago, Karaboudjan said:

The last minute cancellation for the Escape was the 3/19 sailing, not 3/12.  The Escape's problems should not have affected the Joy's occupancy for 3/12-3/19.

Oh thank you, my mistake.

1 hour ago, Shirt-man said:

Joy March 5-12  1,885 passengers

Joy March 12-19 2,800 passengers

Spring break sailings will impact sailings in March and April. Interesting to see what happens right after spring break and before summer season travel begins. Plus the "no mask" happy people may return which we might see in passenger counts coming up. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/20/2022 at 7:49 PM, mailbroad said:

It looks like it will be full the week of the 27th as well.

Sorry, it is not. Haven on the GA this week was sold out, full from upgrades ... like the spa balconies. Approx. 1700 passengers in total. 

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2840868-getaway-semi-live-limited-ny-florida-pc-gsc-nassau-3272022/page/2/#elControls_62909052_menu