Bananarama-Anyone had any luck recently contacting them by email?

tabprincess

We have used Bananarama several times on previous visits and they have gotten back to us very quickly.  I have emailed them twice to book a beach excursion with  them for March 1, but have not heard back.  Has anyone had any luck recently?   I guess I should just try calling them tomorrow!  I was just wondering if anyone has used them lately because I wondered if they were still in business.

BTW, I emailed them at reception@bananarama.com.

Can confirm they are still in business, I was there last week.

If you are just trying to arrange a day at the beach at Bananarama you can book through an excursion company. It's easier to book through a website than try to book via emails back-and-forth. 

I booked through Shore Excursioneer. It was the same price as booking directly with Bananarama ($35). 

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/13/2022 at 6:06 PM, tabprincess said:

We have used Bananarama several times on previous visits and they have gotten back to us very quickly.  I have emailed them twice to book a beach excursion with  them for March 1, but have not heard back.  Has anyone had any luck recently?   I guess I should just try calling them tomorrow!  I was just wondering if anyone has used them lately because I wondered if they were still in business.

BTW, I emailed them at reception@bananarama.com.

Hope your cruise was awesome! Did you wind up going to Bananarama? How was it?  And did you arrange a daypass directly with them or with a vendor? TIA!

• 1 month later...
22 hours ago, JennKach said:

Update - I did find a USA phone number for them and was able to make reservations.  Their number is (727) 564-9058. 

Hi JennKach,

I am thinking to book through bananarama directly too. We will go there in Feb 2023. When will you go? Could you please share your experience when you come back? Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
On 4/8/2022 at 2:47 PM, JWinNY said:

Hi JennKach,

I am thinking to book through bananarama directly too. We will go there in Feb 2023. When will you go? Could you please share your experience when you come back? Thanks!

We went in May 2022 and had a great time.  We hadn't anticipated the time change and had to contact them that morning to request the driver to come an hour earlier, and it was no problem.  We got chairs on the beach and a welcome drink.  There was an armed guard (we tipped) by the chairs that watched our belongings and kept the vendors away.  We used their dive shop's snorkel equipment and did a shore snorkel just off the dock a short walk to the left.  After that we hung out in the water immediately in front of us.  The food and drinks were very good, service was just ok, but we didn't need much.  Free internet.  When we were ready to leave we walked back to the office and requested our ride, which arrived about 20 minutes later.  There were 4 other ladies there from the ship that used a private transport (taxi I think), brought their own snorkel equipment, and just paid $10 or 15 I think to rent the chairs.  They said it saved them money, and it was their fourth time doing this.  At port you do have to walk way past the taxi stand, out the gate and down the road to meet the independent transportation, so figure in the time and effort in the humid heat.    

• Like 1