The Daily for Monday 02/14/2022

richwmn

1 hour ago, Oceansaway17 said:

what country is this in?   Can you expand description for me please.

Not far from Malaga, Spain. Costa del sol

Very easy to take the subway type train there from Malaga. or the Malaga airport.  

It is a beautiful area, with many British tourists, like Grapu27

• Like 15

I decided to make crab legs (for me) and salmon (for DH) for Valentine’s Day. We don’t normally do the overpriced gifts that normally mark today, so a nice quiet dinner at home will be just the thing. I stocked up at Total Wines when we visited Michigan last week, so I think the Verdicchio di Matelica will be great with seafood. Crab is the only seafood I like (and ok, tuna salad sandwiches 😉). 

• Like 19

Just now, Tbay said:

Very easy to take the subway type train there from Malaga. or the Malaga airport.  

oh yes those brits like to get away from the cloudy and cold weather of UK.  Can't blame them.

One day I hope to do more of Spain besides Viga.

• Like 9

1 minute ago, Navybikermom said:

I decided to make crab legs (for me) and salmon (for DH) for Valentine’s Day. We don’t normally do the overpriced gifts that normally mark today, so a nice quiet dinner at home will be just the thing. I stocked up at Total Wines when we visited Michigan last week, so I think the Verdicchio di Matelica will be great with seafood. Crab is the only seafood I like (and ok, tuna salad sandwiches 😉). 

I WILL BE RIGHT OVER.  wait for me.  No just kidding but like both.  yum  I get them both at Costco too.

• Like 9
  • Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Oceansaway17 said:

very nice you seem to be moving around without ships.

I liked the SW part of England too.  You are close to Norway one of my favs

We have 6 cruises booked.

3 P&O and 2 Royal Caribbean from Southampton England this year and Oasis of the seas from Miami next year.

We live in the North East of England around 400 miles from the SW of England but both area's have lots to of nice places to see.

We are at the Hotel Vincci Aleysa in Benalmadena Spain at the moment which is regularly voted number 1 hotel in Spain on Travel sites.

This is our 17th visit to our favourite hotel.

Take care and Happy Valentine's Day to you ❤️

Graham & Pauline x.

• Like 22
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Navybikermom said:

@Oceansaway17we are too rural here in West TN, so no Costco, Sam’s Club, Publix, Whole Foods, etc. All we have are really awful Wal-Marts (limited grocery options) and mom-and-pop stores. I was very surprised to find the crab legs at the Food Giant!

oh darn sorry to hear this.  Perhaps try on line and it will come packed in dry ice.

then again cruising on ships will get you closer to SEA FOOD.    toodles

• Like 11

Good afternoon. Sunny here and temps are up into the low 50's. This is not supposed to last.

Meal looks good. Have not been to the destination. I plan on scallops this evening together with a light salad. Not fancy but a bit celebratory.

Had an early appointment with the dermatologist this morning and got some more spots frozen off the face. Have to go back in 3 months. I am paying for all that time in the sun teaching archaeology field schools. The Southwestern sun is brutal in the summer, even with sun screen and a hat. Wonder how my students are doing.... many wanted to get a good tan.

Susan

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1

@grapau27You make me sooooooo hungry every time you post photos of your lovely meals. Great photos of both you and Pauline also. If the photo of you is current it is impossible to see any scar from your recent surgery.

I am not an organ donor. Too old and too many medical issues. Never even able to give blood to a critically injured relative because of chronic anemia.

I delete all my Emails including the spam mail every day. Is that what is meant by cleaning up your computer?  I do have some old photos and  financial records that I would like to get rid of but I am so technically challenged that I don't know how.

Thank you to all who post photos and meme's. They make my day.

Jane

• Like 23
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Oceansaway17 said:

oh yes those brits like to get away from the cloudy and cold weather of UK.  Can't blame them.

One day I hope to do more of Spain besides Viga.

Vigo is in the North West of Spain and the weather is totally different from the Hot Touristy East and South East Costa resort's of Spain.

I have been going to Spain for 52 years.

My grandmother was Italian and I have relatives dating back to the Renaissance period in Venice.

Graham.

• Like 20

I'm back. The trip is more onerous since the bridge collapse, but what can you do? And it was snowing when I left home, but now the sun is out (still cold though and windy).

No Valentine's Day plans, although I'm going out to dinner with BFF tomorrow and I suspect he'll bring flowers.

@grapau27 Lovely scenery and food. A wonderful way to spend time with your Valentine!

@msmayor You must be so excited about the new arrival coming soon.

@superoma What a cute picture! Happy Birthday to the twins.

@Suslor Happy Birthday to your DH!

@*Miss G* OMG on those emails! I have to clean mine out or it bothers me.

• Like 24
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

We have 6 cruises booked.

3 P&O and 2 Royal Caribbean from Southampton England this year and Oasis of the seas from Miami next year.

We live in the North East of England around 400 miles from the SW of England but both area's have lots to of nice places to see.

We are at the Hotel Vincci Aleysa in Benalmadena Spain at the moment which is regularly voted number 1 hotel in Spain on Travel sites.

This is our 17th visit to our favourite hotel.

Take care and Happy Valentine's Day to you ❤️

Graham & Pauline x.

aw very nice.  I so want to go on a P&O sometime as those ships get a lot of brits.  I love brits to chat with and to share a meal.  when I travel I always hope to get at a table with brits, Aussies, or folks from Texas.  Just have the best conversations.  Sorry rest of you.  ha ha

I am doing Oasis out of NJ Port Liberty before she goes to Miami.   

Ya know the Wonder OTS is arriving in FLa on Sunday and I hope the get a photo of all FIVE sisters together like they did in 2016 with THREE sisters.  Let us keep our fingers crossed.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Andalusia Spain.

Did you see my read my previous post?  notice I am not doing 5 successive posts 😉

3 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Vigo is in the North West of Spain and the weather is totally different from the Hot Touristy East and South East Costa resort's of Spain.

My grandmother was Italian and I have relatives dating back to the Renaissance period in Venice.

Graham.

Very different weather for sure, but a lovely spot.  

20 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Good evening everyone.

We had an amazing Valentine's dinner.

Graham.

Good to hear

16 minutes ago, Tbay said:

A ton of British.  Not sure how it works now with the new rules with Brexit, but in the old days you could see them load up their cars, SUV’s, etc with cartons of wine they bought in Spain to take back to England.

5 minutes ago, durangoscots said:

Had an early appointment with the dermatologist this morning and got some more spots frozen off the face. Have to go back in 3 months.

Best of luck, Susan 

• Like 16

4 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Graham.

sorry I meant to type Vigo.  fast fingers.  I hope to get to Barcelona.  I have been to a lot of places in Italy including Montecassino which a lot of tours do not go to.

toodles.

• Like 9

21 minutes ago, lazey1 said:

@grapau27You make me sooooooo hungry every time you post photos of your lovely meals. Great photos of both you and Pauline also. If the photo of you is current it is impossible to see any scar from your recent surgery.

I am not an organ donor. Too old and too many medical issues. Never even able to give blood to a critically injured relative because of chronic anemia.

I delete all my Emails including the spam mail every day. Is that what is meant by cleaning up your computer?  I do have some old photos and  financial records that I would like to get rid of but I am so technically challenged that I don't know how.

Thank you to all who post photos and meme's. They make my day.

Jane

Thank you Jane.

This is tonight's photo.

The second photo was after my BCC op on Christmas Eve 2021.

Fortunately I have good healing skin.

Wishing you a wonderful Valentine's night.

Graham.

IMG_20220214_190443.jpg

IMG-20211224-WA0000.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 16

3 minutes ago, kazu said:

Did you see my read my previous post?  notice I am not doing 5 successive posts 😉

Very different weather for sure, but a lovely spot.  

Good to hear

A ton of British.  Not sure how it works now with the new rules with Brexit, but in the old days you could see them load up their cars, SUV’s, etc with cartons of wine they bought in Spain to take back to England.

Best of luck, Susan 

Thank you for your guidance Jacqui.

Sending you and José our love.

Graham x.

• Like 9

9 minutes ago, Oceansaway17 said:

aw very nice.  I so want to go on a P&O sometime as those ships get a lot of brits.  I love brits to chat with and to share a meal.  when I travel I always hope to get at a table with brits, Aussies, or folks from Texas.  Just have the best conversations.  Sorry rest of you.  ha ha

I am doing Oasis out of NJ Port Liberty before she goes to Miami.   

Ya know the Wonder OTS is arriving in FLa on Sunday and I hope the get a photo of all FIVE sisters together like they did in 2016 with THREE sisters.  Let us keep our fingers crossed.

Thank you Oceansaway17 sorry I don't know your first name.

We have been very fortunate to have had 55 cruises with 25 on P&O primarily because they sail from Southampton England.

I love America and their citizens and we have been to the USA 30 times since 1992.

Best regards.

Graham.

• Like 10

Just now, grapau27 said:

Thank you Oceansaway17 sorry I don't know your first name.

We have been very fortunate to have had 55 cruises with 25 on P&O primarily because they sail from Southampton England.

I love America and their citizens and we have been to the USA 30 times since 1992.

Best regards.

Graham.

my name is Jody and I think of all the Brits as cousins.  Heck you even have interesting political leaders with odd hair (joke).

I have only been out of southampton once and Celebrity did the best job of hotel package and transportation to port from London (one of my favorite cities of all time)

RCI never could get hotel package together for me saying they were booked up and NCL was no better.

I trust Celebrity for UK sailing because of this.  P&O is popular in Australian market and hoping for the best for some kind of a startup.    I think Anthem of the Seas is coming back to UK.  Love her and been on her 3 times from NJ.

One thing, is Liverpool fun to visit or is it too touristy because of the Beatles?

oh it looks like almost time for bed in Europe so you can answer in the morning.  toodles

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Good afternoon, it has been a busy morning but nothing really worked out.  We are going to a neighbour's this afternoon for drinkies, to say farewell to other neighbours who are leaving.  I said I would make asparagus rolls, but missed out on the unsliced bread, because Pat wanted to do other errands first, and made me late.  So I had to buy sliced and it really is a bit thick to roll, even though I got the thinnest I could find.  Oh, well.  We exchange cards on Valentine's Day - the same ones every year, I imagine we've had them about 15 years.  We did buy a new one for DD...  

A sad anniversary for Roy, and a few birthdays today!  My cousin's birthday and my favourite aunt's death are the same day, and it is difficult to have them together.  Roy, another thing, I think you can take my cousin Jim off the Cares list rotation - he is much better.  He actually had to go back into the hospital and have more burr holes drilled, as they didn't do it right the first time, and he was dizzy and headachy after he went home the first time.  But now all is well.   I suppose he could have ended up like Bob Saget if his son hadn't insisted on him going to the hospital when he first fell and hit his head.

I love Pasta Primavera.  When DD and I went to Weight Watchers for a while, they had a recipe for it that we used all the time.  But terrified of ferris wheels.  Heck no, I won't go!

Jacqui,  that's lovely that you can take in some lobster to Jose.  How is the food in the hospital?  Usually everyone complains about hospital food, I just wondered if he can order what he wants.  Would he be allowed a glass of bubbly with the lobster?

Happy Valentine's Day, everyone!

• Like 22

54 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Good evening everyone.

We had an amazing Valentine's dinner.

Graham.

IMG_20220214_190408.jpg

IMG_20220214_190443.jpg

IMG_20220214_191447.jpg

IMG_20220214_192305.jpg

IMG_20220214_194153.jpg

IMG_20220214_194201.jpg

IMG_20220214_204043.jpg

IMG_20220214_204056.jpg

From the look of the photos, you two have had some great meals the last few days.

Edited by MISTER 67
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Oceansaway17 said:

my name is Jody and I think of all the Brits as cousins.  Heck you even have interesting political leaders with odd hair (joke).

I have only been out of southampton once and Celebrity did the best job of hotel package and transportation to port from London (one of my favorite cities of all time)

RCI never could get hotel package together for me saying they were booked up and NCL was no better.

I trust Celebrity for UK sailing because of this.  P&O is popular in Australian market and hoping for the best for some kind of a startup.    I think Anthem of the Seas is coming back to UK.  Love her and been on her 3 times from NJ.

One thing, is Liverpool fun to visit or is it too touristy because of the Beatles?

oh it looks like almost time for bed in Europe so you can answer in the morning.  toodles

Thank you Jody.

Liverpool is a compact city and the best place to stay is near the Albert Dock where the Beatles museum and the cruise and ferry terminals are and only about 500 metres to the city centre.

We visited the Beatles museum and went on the magical mystery tour when we stayed in Liverpool and I took around 100 photos.

We are sailing on Anthem in May and September from Southampton.

The P&O Australia ships are older former Princess ships.

It is 22.37pm here in Spain and 21.37pm in the UK.

There are lots of hotels in Southampton or London which are easy to book.

Take care and I hope you have a wonderful Valentine's night.

Graham.

• Like 10

Good afternoon. It's been an long and busy day, but now I've found time to sit outside and relax.

DH took the car in to get a new tire put on and the oil changed.  Since it is a very busy place he had an appointment for 10 am when they opened.  Even though he was the first one there, and the owner had taken his keys,  something went wrong.  It wasn't until noon when one of the workers noticed the car had been there all morning and asked what was the deal.  Once he heard DH had been waiting two hours, he apologized and got right on it.  So much for making an appointment.  😱

While DH was gone, I had plenty of time to decorate the Valentine's cake.

20220214_123403.thumb.jpg.60846b72428d66d132ca6d4360c96cee.jpg

Our weather is changing again -- no surprise.  The winds tomorrow are supposed to be 20-30 mph with gusts to 40 mph.  I got out and trimmed as many dead branches out of the tree, so maybe the cleanup won't be as bad this time. 🤞

I've been reading the Daily between chores, but I know I'll forget to comment on some posts.  So, I'll try to comment later.

Lenda

Edited by Quartzsite Cruiser
  • Like 21