Sky Princess Cabin motion thoughts

larrybritt

We are planning on a trip in December on the Sky Princess. I have been on a few cruises but it’s been several years. We were looking at a cabin on the Lido deck mid forward or on Deck 15 mid-ship. Any opinion on these cabins and motion. I know both are high up and just wondered if mid ship even makes a difference at that point. We have never really had motion sick issues before but just questioning as we want to pick cabin soon.

You will feel more motion the higher up and the more forward.  However, we tend to book these cabins and never had a bad experience.  Everyone is different, depending on your tolerance to motion.  Of course, mid ship cabins have the least amount of motion of the ocean.

I’m very prone to motion sickness and have a few times had a suite on the Marina deck on the Regal which is a bit more to the back and never had an issue with it.  I would have no problem booking these again. The only suite I didn’t like was years ago on the Crown out of San Juan in 2006 and it was an aft suite.  I felt all the motion back there so didn’t spend much time in the cabin.

6 hours ago, larrybritt said:

We are planning on a trip in December on the Sky Princess. I have been on a few cruises but it’s been several years. We were looking at a cabin on the Lido deck mid forward or on Deck 15 mid-ship. Any opinion on these cabins and motion. I know both are high up and just wondered if mid ship even makes a difference at that point. We have never really had motion sick issues before but just questioning as we want to pick cabin soon.

Given the ship and the month (Dec) it would appear to be a Caribbean itinerary.   Regardless...mid-ship *always* makes a bit of a difference, but you're not likely to get into any serious weather issues in the Carib. in Dec.  You should be fine.

Deck height is a factor in rolling from side to side which is the more common movement experienced.  Being more forward increased the up and down motion which is less common except where things get really rough. The worst scenario is where the two combine with waves and wind coming in at forty five degrees giving a corkscrew effect.

Regards John

• Haha 1

I always stay on Lido Mid Forward and I have never had an issue with motion sickness in the Caribbean.   Only issue I have ever had was leaving LA heading to Hawaii and we had 20 ft waves for 14 hours.   At that point, it didn’t matter where you were on the ship, it was ROCKING!!!     You should be just fine on Lido.    My husband and I personally love this location of the ship.  ENJOY YOUR CRUISE!!!!!

15 hours ago, larrybritt said:

I can be prone to motion sickness too.  We were just on the Sky Princess on deck 14....the highest deck we have ever been on.  We felt absolutely no motion, rocking at all...not one bit!